Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Elf/cannon question

No, they're not lost...they just add up, the only way you get rid of them is by firing them out of the canon
  • Make sure to only use up the "shots" when you have at least 9 elf bottles per shot to fire. It fires them anyways and you'll just have to wait for the timer if you use less.
  • peppers2ndmo wrote:
    nissa762 wrote:
    Make sure to only use up the "shots" when you have at least 9 elf bottles per shot to fire. It fires them anyways and you'll just have to wait for the timer if you use less.

How can we tell if we have a "full" cannon or not? Do we just need to remember, or is there a way to check?

You should be able to see your current bottled elf total (lower left, it goes in order bells, bottled elves and cog wheels (the gear things) )as long as your bottled elves are at least 9 you have a single full load... however the cog wheels will allow you to increase the size of the load or the cannon frequency...basically until you upgrade the cannon it's a max of three shots every 3hours 45 minutes (27 elves bottles, 3 rounds of 9 each) (it's kind of like nerds during the CoC event but I don't know if the cannon will show max elves or if you have to keep track (I tended to write out my max nerds per castle in shrubs and will probably do the same for the cannon

Eta typo 27 elves not 2
  • Is there a way to know the total number of elves that we have shot into the sky? It'd be a fun number to keep track of.
  • chippers29775 wrote:
    Is there a way to know the total number of elves that we have shot into the sky? It'd be a fun number to keep track of.

Tap the icon to take you to your friends list. This should bring up a scoresheet for you and your neighbors.
  • peppers2ndmo wrote:
    Thank you for the information! I would guess that we can't keep firing the same Elf Jars each time, so the first time firing the cannon one would need a count of at least 27, the second time 54, the third time 81, etc. Otherwise there's no other way to know if the cannon is full. There seem to be plenty of elves flying about, so as long as we sign in often and keep tapping, we should be ok!

PS: visitors should be sure to tap the cannon and/or the Elf Tunnel, it available, as they pay out bells to the town's owner. Otherwise, it's just a handshake.

It's 9 each time (27 = 9*3 but the upgrades might go to 10, or 11) and any elves you fire disappear from the count just make sure you always have the max number of elves already bottled up because if you clear the handshake on a cannon that's ready to fire it'll fire once (when the cannon is ready you'll see a lit fuse --the handshake covers most of it)...basically though as long as you clear your town of new elves fairly regularly you should be fine for the cannon (depending on the upgrades)

Basically just use these early stages to bank elves
  • casbythoug530 wrote:
    peppers2ndmo wrote:
    Thank you for the information! I would guess that we can't keep firing the same Elf Jars each time, so the first time firing the cannon one would need a count of at least 27, the second time 54, the third time 81, etc. Otherwise there's no other way to know if the cannon is full. There seem to be plenty of elves flying about, so as long as we sign in often and keep tapping, we should be ok!

PS: visitors should be sure to tap the cannon and/or the Elf Tunnel, it available, as they pay out bells to the town's owner. Otherwise, it's just a handshake.

It's 9 each time (27 = 9*3 but the upgrades might go to 10, or 11) and any elves you fire disappear from the count just make sure you always have the max number of elves already bottled up because if you clear the handshake on a cannon that's ready to fire it'll fire once (when the cannon is ready you'll see a lit fuse --the handshake covers most of it)...basically though as long as you clear your town of new elves fairly regularly you should be fine for the cannon (depending on the upgrades)

Basically just use these early stages to bank elves

I have my cannon upgraded to shoot 10 elves, my next upgrade takes off 15 mins of the cool down.
  • peppers2ndmo wrote:
    So...how do we earn cogs to upgrade our cannons? Thanks in advance for the info...I really appreciate the advice!
    build the Cannon control building when you get it from the prizes and you'll get them