Forum Discussion

Willy9292
Rising Adventurer
3 months ago

Going to need some categories for this to work

Interesting new site. We will need some categories or this will become a mess of add me posts.

Whats the plan for Answer HQ.  Most of us will not spend time on 2 sites, so will the general discussion area on Answer HQ be phased out?

Unless I messed the memo this seems to be out of the blue.  Not criticizing just surprised.

Willy9292
    Rising Adventurer

We really need a finding friends category, or at least a clearly identified thread pinned to the top.

1-Graham-S
      Hero+

Use the Reply box at the bottom to reply to the thread in general or the Reply button in a post to add a nested reply ( like this one ) to that post.
      Felt it was worth repeating that for anyone new reading.

bluntcard
    Seasoned Novice

Why don't we use the forum we've been using? Why do we need yet another forum? Is the one we just learned to use going to close now? Kind of over this. 

11EEvey
      Hero+

well my post showed up finally. I actually think that them making us one of the first forums on their new site is a good sign for the game. Why would they do that if they were going to imminently shut down or cut back.  and they moved old posts .

New sites are not that hard to learn. a couple hours poking around and it'll be ok

Willy9292
    Rising Adventurer

Thanks for that info.  I see changes today from yesterday, and know this will take a while to get finished. When we had the old forum we also had Answers HQ, but for me at least I mostly was on the old forum.  Hopefully we get our regulars to be in one place, and can get that old community working again. 

• First and important - tap the thing below the OP and change it from Most Liked to Newest ( or Oldest if you want ) - most liked is a bit wonky and they are working on it

I would imagine AHQ will remain as it is, at least for now, but that's a good question. I could do with finding out if posts can be pinned too.

I do know posts can be locked, moved, and even hidden, by the CMs ( with the purple Community Admin banner ) or SUs ( with the orange Hero / Hero+ banner ). To be fair from what I recall of the Champion rank that is now Hero on here, with Hero now being Hero+, they may have less permissions but can definitely move posts that are in the wrong place or that are inappropriate.

There is a Report option for posts if you need it, but perhaps don't reply to mis-placed or spam posts and wait for someone who can to come along and deal with it.

There are categories, see the TSTO PanelGeneral Discussion ( here ), Technical Issues, Tips & Guides and Creative Corner ( showcase )

Willy9292
      Rising Adventurer

When I logged in today I saw the categories, but they did not display yesterday.

1-Graham-S
      Hero+

You can also add Tags to the OP in a thread. On here that's Feedback, Finding Friends or Ideas. These help to filter things if you then use the Tags option to find posts. Different categories will have their own relevant tags too, but if you think there's any that should be added create a post and suggest them and one of us SUs or CMs can pass those along for review. Do make it clear what section they're meant to go in though and remember the Tags are meant to be general, so don't ask for tags in the showcase for every event or building !!

Right now there's only 2 very old friend requests tagged Finding Friends so it won't help much yet.

I've asked about a pinned thread for Friend Requests, or for them to go in their own category, but this is an ongoing project and they're working on the sections for a load more games yet as well as bug-hunting and fine tuning everything, so that may take a little while if it was to happen

1-Graham-S
      Hero+

Note also that replies can be nested on here. Choose to use the Reply box at the bottom to reply to the thread in general or the reply button on a post to reply to that post.