Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Golf course & lockers

Lockers were for people like me who didnt already have the tapball skins for characters.

Golf wasnt worth it from where i sit, so left that alone. There may be another alternate golf hole thingy by itself in the future. (Why do Brits say "in future" without the the? The need to distinguish themselves?)
  • ArmpitAttack wrote:
    Lockers were for people like me who didnt already have the tapball skins for characters.

Golf wasnt worth it from where i sit, so left that alone. There may be another alternate golf hole thingy by itself in the future. (Why do Brits say "in future" without the the? The need to distinguish themselves?)

I'm British and I always use the the?
  • can someone make an actual video of clips from just stamp the ticket and you look like you need help pleasuring your wife??? I mean with audio
    THANKS SO MUCH YOU RULE !!!
  • ArmpitAttack wrote:

Cribbed from the web:

The phrase “in (the) future” has two meanings. When it means “at a future point in time”, it is used with the definite article:

I would like to move to Spain in the future. (correct)
    I would like to move to Spain in future. (probably wrong)

However, when it means “from now on”, there is a divide between American English and British English. An American would still say “in the future”, as in the previous case, whereas a Brit would likely say “in future” (with no article). Thus, “from now on, please, be more careful” could be rephrased as:

In future, please, be more careful. (British English)
    In the future, please, be more careful. (American English)
  • The golf course was 100 donuts last time around. The extra 25 only brings the bonus up to 3%, but I bought three packs anyway. My Springfield Country Club was missing a golf course so I have been waiting for this to return.

Now I really want the Polo Field House...

I was really hoping for a yard sale this week, but it's looking like another major event starting on Tuesday.
  • shanemadrid wrote:
    ArmpitAttack wrote:

I really like that band The The!
  • KrustyBrand wrote:
    So, British people don't get the joke in Back to the Future Part II? It's like we're speaking different languages. :(
  • simp7fan wrote:
    KrustyBrand wrote:
    So, British people don't get the joke in Back to the Future Part II? It's like we're speaking different languages. :(

We are able to understand your misuse of our language quite well ?
  • LOL, thank you for the answers to my questions, but more so for the fantastic conversation on syntax. I had a great time
  • buddah2991 wrote:
    shanemadrid wrote:
    ArmpitAttack wrote:

I really like that band The The!

Lol yeah they were pretty good weren't they? :D