Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Has Maggie been silenced?

I had sound earlier today, although I do have times where I can't hear here.
  • It seems to happen intermittently. Usually moving the screen around will trigger the sound eventually
  • Helen0725 wrote:
    Recently when I was trying to locate Maggie for the Playdough Factory game, I didn't hear her making her sucking sound and it was more difficult to find her. I wonder if it's a glitch or if EA is trying to make it harder for us to earn free donuts.

I think EA is OK with the # of donuts we're getting.
  • Helen0725 wrote:
    Recently when I was trying to locate Maggie for the Playdough Factory game, I didn't hear her making her sucking sound and it was more difficult to find her. I wonder if it's a glitch or if EA is trying to make it harder for us to earn free donuts.

It’s a glitch.
  • Well known issue with the Maggie gang, I've personally suffered with it intermittently since it was released, I sometimes go weeks without any problems with the suck, suck sound and then I'll get 2 or 3 days together with no sound but like other above I've got quite good at finding Maggie and often spot her before the sound anyway.
  • Never play the game with sound on, and I find her like 90% of the time. I simply scan the parts of my town where the buildings she can be on are located. Which is really like 5 areas of my map. All my houses are together (with retirement home), directly behind it is the government buildings (city hall, police station, post office, etc), then near that is my downtown area, Moes, Arty's business building, musuem, etc. I only really have to scroll far for the church, farm and Krusty Burger. The school is not placed, but it's near Luigi's and also my not placed Playdough Factory.
  • GamerGD3 wrote:
    Never play the game with sound on, and I find her like 90% of the time. I simply scan the parts of my town where the buildings she can be on are located. Which is really like 5 areas of my map. All my houses are together (with retirement home), directly behind it is the government buildings (city hall, police station, post office, etc), then near that is my downtown area, Moes, Arty's business building, musuem, etc. I only really have to scroll far for the church, farm and Krusty Burger. The school is not placed, but it's near Luigi's and also my not placed Playdough Factory.

Wow. You (and others like you who can locate Maggie sans sound) have better eyes than I do. If I’m forced by circumstance to play TSTO with the volume turned down, I won’t even bother to play the Maggie mini-game.
  • KrustyBrand wrote:
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    Never play the game with sound on, and I find her like 90% of the time. I simply scan the parts of my town where the buildings she can be on are located. Which is really like 5 areas of my map. All my houses are together (with retirement home), directly behind it is the government buildings (city hall, police station, post office, etc), then near that is my downtown area, Moes, Arty's business building, musuem, etc. I only really have to scroll far for the church, farm and Krusty Burger. The school is not placed, but it's near Luigi's and also my not placed Playdough Factory.

Wow. You (and others like you who can locate Maggie sans sound) have better eyes than I do. If I’m forced by circumstance to play TSTO with the volume turned down, I won’t even bother to play the Maggie mini-game.

I do only play on my iPad - so I get better zoom levels. I find it's easier on the eyes. These days I only play upon waking up, and before bed - and sometimes on weekends I'll get a mid day log in. So my phone is out of space and can't hold the game anyways. So as long as I'm on track for events (which I haven't had any trouble recently), then I'm content with the twice a day log in. I know I may not get all the fighters upgraded, or have a super high level mansion - but those aren't important enough to me.
    bluntcard
    Seasoned Novice

I think it's just glitchy. Mostly works for me, but some days, not. Other sounds in the game cut out or are cut short of completing, sometimes. I think it's just memory overload, with so much going on in the game.

Now, don't get me started on EA conspiracy theories about The Rail Yard :evil: :-o :shock:

• Never had a problem with this. I need the sound due to.poor eyesight and a small phone screen.
  • It is probably a glitch. I usually hear her sound. Today I didn't hear her sound, but miraculously found her anyway. It happens from time to time. Also check if your device is not in silence mode.