Forum Discussion

8 years ago

HEY EA,,, PLEASE LISTEN UP !

Many of us have spent a lot of time ( some of us too much lol) on building rearranging and trying to make the perfect towns. With the holidays coming up, could you PLEASE give us a "night" mode so that our Christmas and holiday lights stand out ? With the snow, it's not like the game will be dark, but I think it would be cool having all the lights on flashing and what not. Building lights on also would help the effect
  • "bluntcard;c-1735573" wrote:
    "KrustyBrand;c-1735555" wrote:
    "bluntcard;c-1735494" wrote:
    Labor intensive? It's their job. What else are they going to do?

Spend their limited time on higher-priority issues, I suppose.

Priority is subjective. Was the Christmas Lights plunger, something that would be labor intensive to create and used for a few weeks a year a high priority? Apparently it was. Adding snow to every single decoration in SF for a few weeks a year also seemed to be an unlikely high priory. Changing the game so that you could collect large areas of cash from buildings is something that was requested for years and finally happened. The mono rail system is an enormous undertaking for an event and for most people is forgotten except for the weekly free donuts.

Anything is possible. This doesn't seem like it would be that big of a deal to create.

With the exception of the monorail, which involved the creation of event-related content specifically geared to stimulate donut purchases, the other game modifications you mention strike me as trivial in terms of programming time/effort. In contrast, I’ll respectfully disagree with you and continue to insist that a Night Mode would entail considerably more effort. You’re absolutely right; anything is possible. But some prospective changes are less likely than others. If the EA developers implement a Night Mode, I’ll be the first to cheer and admit I was wrong. In the meantime I’ll maintain a healthy degree of skepticism.
  • That would requirente every single char and all skins' every single animations frame to be redone. Sure
  • Let’s see if EA produces something this year. They have pulled off some good things in the past maybe a night mode this year, who knows.