Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Do they really ‘listen’?

Hold your rants and negativity! This isn’t an attack against th Gurus and EA, as angry and upset as I am with the recent Maxis Monthly, I’m here to ask what’s on everyone’s mind following the news of a new career and packs on the way to the sims 4.

For years, since the games release, we have asked for so much and as much as I respect and understand the team only have so little time on their hands...where is the content we actually asked for? Where is the content we actually need?

The sims 4 is 4 years old just about....babies are still objects.

We still lack firefighters and police and burglars! We lack story progression and cars and decent services and jobs....

Do you see what I’m saying?

They listen....but do they LISTEN?

Are they giving us what we want or what THEY WANT?

Toddlers only appeared after constant backlash.

We have had to fight for a shelf!

We have had to fight for so much and what we received in return was so lacking it felt more like a middle finger than actual content!

Vampires...that’s all I’m gonna say because what else is there to say?

Again! They’re working, day in, day out, having to deal with us, their employers, their own personal lives and so much more.

But! Their job is to deliver content.

They are paid to release and create quality content for a game many of us have invested hundreds of pounds on.

Yet, we receive content so lacklustre and poor, they might as well have thrown us a cheap looking toaster that constantly catches fire.

I am not here to hate the gurus or insult the company, or the sims itself.

But what happened to the sims? What happened to lead us here?

Why do we have to come here and demand quality content as well as content which actually makes a difference to our games! Nobody wants the same stuff, I understand that very well.

But when we receive content, do not deny that a good amount is incredibly lacking!

I am going to leave this here for you to continue on via the comments.

At this moment I am utterly let down and seething that nothing I say feels enough to express my outrage and hurt.
I have been a simmer since I could just about walk, blame my dad (biggest financial mistake he ever made), and having been there for the rise and fall....I just...need to put this out there and hope someone at the company listens.

All I want is someone to reach out and say “hey we’re currently doing this, no idea when it’s going to be finished but it’s coming so don’t worry”

I would happily wait another two years for story progression or burglars or even free mobile babies.

I would simply appreciate being kept in the loop and knowing that someone is hearing us and actively listening.

My apologies for rocking the boat, however things like this need to be said sometimes,

I’m gonna go, have a nice day and keep simming.

Sul Sul

About The Sims 4 General Discussion

Join lively discussions, share tips, and exchange experiences on Sims 4 Expansion Packs, Game Packs, Stuff Packs & Kits.33,116 PostsLatest Activity: 11 hours ago