Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Homer's Level; Also Strange Shield

mine says four and I believe it's your town defense level
  • ambug666 wrote:
    I have leveled up Homer the Barbarian to 8 since it doesn't really cost gold. But what good does it do? How does having a higher level Homer help?

Also, when I click on the castle summary (tower button on the lower right), it shows me a line with my available nerds, elixir, gold, and cheats in that order. Then on the right of that line is a shield with a number. It is currently 2, but it was 1 until earlier today. What does that shield mean?

It's your town defense level. When that is upgraded, it adds an hour for the attacker to defuse. So a level of 1 would allow 10 nerds to destroy the building in 1 hour. A level of 2 would allow 10 nerds to destroy the building in 2 hours.

So basically you make it harder for the attacker to destroy the buildings.
  • My shield shows 1, and my castle is level 4. I wonder if it is how many things have been attacked, but haven't been defended yet.

EDIT: My shield showed one, and 4 houses had been attacked that I did not notice. After defending those, my shield disappeared.
  • GinaandBarry wrote:
    My shield shows 1, and my castle is level 4. I wonder if it is how many things have been attacked, but haven't been defended yet.

It means your entire town is at rank 1. So if 1 nerd is assigned to a building it will destroy it in 10 hours.

The castle rating is different, the castle levels up to provide additional nerds, wall sections, towers and a gate. Some levels increase your town ranking (so it would go up to 2).
  • GamerGD3 wrote:
    GinaandBarry wrote:
    My shield shows 1, and my castle is level 4. I wonder if it is how many things have been attacked, but haven't been defended yet.

It means your entire town is at rank 1. So if 1 nerd is assigned to a building it will destroy it in 10 hours.

The castle rating is different, the castle levels up to provide additional nerds, wall sections, towers and a gate. Some levels increase your town ranking (so it would go up to 2).

Thank you!
  • GinaandBarry wrote:

EDIT: My shield showed one, and 4 houses had been attacked that I did not notice. After defending those, my shield disappeared.

If you mean the shield on the main screen that is your dice. I think it disappears if you have no buildings under attack (as you cannot use them if nothing is being attacked).

The shield I was talking about is when you click the castle icon in the lower right, then there's a shield icon off on the right hand side middle of the screenish where it shows your castle rank.
  • GamerGD3 wrote:
    GinaandBarry wrote:

If you mean the shield on the main screen that is your dice. I think it disappears if you have no buildings under attack (as you cannot use them if nothing is being attacked).

The shield I was talking about is when you click the castle icon in the lower right, then there's a shield icon off on the right hand side middle of the screenish where it shows your castle rank.

I see now. Thanks again! :)
  • Thanks folks. That makes sense. Any idea what the levels for Homer the Barbarian are good for? Do higher levels help you attack towns faster?
  • ambug666 wrote:
    Thanks folks. That makes sense. Any idea what the levels for Homer the Barbarian are good for? Do higher levels help you attack towns faster?

They haven't yet. One of Bart's said he'd earn 10% more, so I don't know if their task rewards increase or not. The skins earn elixir, so I don't know what the base pay is, as I leveled all of them up before looking at the task lists. I got a quest to level Homer and just tapped it until it went grey (level 7 I think).

However, someone posted that the character levels would stick around after the event (speculation?) so not sure.
  • GamerGD3 wrote:
    ambug666 wrote:
    Thanks folks. That makes sense. Any idea what the levels for Homer the Barbarian are good for? Do higher levels help you attack towns faster?

They haven't yet. One of Bart's said he'd earn 10% more, so I don't know if their task rewards increase or not. The skins earn elixir, so I don't know what the base pay is, as I leveled all of them up before looking at the task lists. I got a quest to level Homer and just tapped it until it went grey (level 7 I think).

However, someone posted that the character levels would stick around after the event (speculation?) so not sure.

Leveling up costs gold. So is it really substracted from yoyr total gold?
  • Wijsheid wrote:
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    ambug666 wrote:

Leveling up costs gold. So is it really substracted from yoyr total gold?

No, it's just a "reach this amount of gold" to unlock this level. You can level all 4 characters without spending any gold.