Forum Discussion

11 years ago

House farming- easy cash or lazy gamesmanship?

I didn't bother but I can see why other people do. I just think they look messy!

I bought a few of each house and made little streets with them rather than cram loads all together.
  • I bet most players were huge house farmers at the beginning. I was one, then after I got more land, buildings and characters I put in storage my plethora of houses and began organizing my town.

You can still farm, but with aesthetics. For example, right now I am "farming" with 14 orange houses, but instead of having them clustered together in one corner, I have arranged them as a horizontal condominium.
  • One of the things I like about this game is that no two towns are identical. Everyone does things their own way, thats the freedom of individual choice. If someone is enjoying the game, and not hacking, I don't really care what they do with their town.
  • I'm amazed people would unfriend someone over a house farm. The farmers are the ones who almost guarantee all 100 of their neighbors will have something to tap. I think something more deserving of a de-friending is a neighbor who doesn't clear their town and thus leaves nothing for their neighbors to tap. If you don't like how someone else's Springfield looks, why does it matter? It's their town and not yours.

"Yeah, that guy visits me every day and always keeps his town full of tasks, but I'm simply forced to unfriend him for that gaudy house farm." Right.

How much do you want to bet that everyone would have a house farm if EA let you buy doughnuts with X amount of in-game cash?
  • I personally think it's okay to house farm...only because I'm doing it at the moment :lol: I'm trying to expand my town to be like the guide map (like Bravewall), so with all those land plots that are $19,000 $26,000 $35,000 etc. add up to a lot, so house farming just speeds it up a bit. But when I gain the land and start moving the buildings around they'll decrease in numbers. Currently I have about 40 brown houses as I am on Easter break at the moment so I am able to tend to my town that much everyday. Also I'm still going through all the quests at the same time; my current to-buy buildings are the Crypto Barn ($81,000), the Post Office ($69,000) and the Wiggum House ($58,050). The main thing that drew me to the game was the aspect of customisation; no two Springfields are the same, and the possibilities are endless. As long as EA keep adding content and level updates, there is no sense of actually completing the game. Some people want to get through it quickly, some don't. Don't look down on someone (especially going so far as to unfriend them!!!) just because they want to play it differently! :)
  • Well they do benefit early players who need more buildings, particularly now that we are doing FP collection.

I've never house farmed, but today i just increased my purple house count from 5 to 10. But they are designed like a little condo neighborhood. They aren't end to end rows with one drive way going into another house.

I enjoy visiting well designed towns. I'd prefer people be more creative instead of cramming any buildings together, whether they're the same house or all different bldgs.

As far as dropping neighbors, well the impressive towns are the ones i visit first, so the unimpressive ones are going to be replaced by new requests if they don't stand out as a neighbor i recognize for visiting frequently. House farm or not.

• To each their own.

I know it's easy cash and did it for a while in the beginning to build up cash, later on I sold some of the houses and made myself some nice neighborhoods of houses.