Forum Discussion

11 years ago

House Farms

Jomaty wrote:
I've got a question.

I'm getting to the point where I'm spending money way too fast on new buildings for quests and my income can't keep up.

So I built like 40 Brown Houses. (After seeing people in videos and stuff with their house farms.)

I understand that you get 6 dollars PER 5 minutes PER Brown House

The one thing that I cannot figure out for sure, is that if.. Say I go to bed, and don't claim any of the cash from those houses over the 6-8 hours I sleep.. Does it all stack up? Or basically just freeze and give me the $240 from the initial 5 minutes

Yes, it would just be the $240 from the initial five minutes. This method works well if you play for an hour at a time, but not so much if you go to sleep or whatever :)
  • Brown wouldn't have been my choice. You have to stay in front of the screen nonstop collecting. You don't get extra overnight. Most I see are blue.
  • It does not stack up.

If you are farming, try to buy houses with durations that match your Real Life / TSTO pattern.
  • I would suggest farming with blue houses. Less work and they make up for themselves after 12 tap if you don't have any multiplier.
  • Hmm well I think I put myself in a bad situation then lol. I could sell the Brown Houses and start getting Blue Houses but I still have the Gulp 'N 'Blow to build and then whatever comes right after the Cooling Towers

• imo brown houses are the best at the beginning...but after a little while the money they give will seem like peanuts compared with every other building you have

in a few weeks sell them and farm the blue houses
  • Jomaty wrote:
    Hmm well I think I put myself in a bad situation then lol. I could sell the Brown Houses and start getting Blue Houses but I still have the Gulp 'N 'Blow to build and then whatever comes right after the Cooling Towers

You'll be getting Bart soon. If you are just starting out. Don't be to eager to decorate. You'll find yourself short in funds. Just build a long the questline and you should have enough. Try to send everyone out on tasks that are about 1-2 hrs or if you are lazy like I was, 4 hrs.
  • House farming can get you income in the long run but it cant solve the 1 day to 1.5 day build. Plus cost for most uildings goes up with each level; it is difficult to pick the right blend.

If you do try house harming don't invest all your income into it, try an 80 - 20 % ratio (Pradeo law). remember the quest building also generate cash and xp.
  • carpediem116 wrote:
    You'll be getting Bart soon. If you are just starting out. Don't be to eager to decorate. You'll find yourself short in funds. Just build a long the questline and you should have enough. Try to send everyone out on tasks that are about 1-2 hrs or if you are lazy like I was, 4 hrs.

Oops, meant to quote that message that I PM'd you lol. Wondered why the page was different