Forum Discussion

10 years ago

I didn't update for takedown....

Most people are reporting updating with no issues! Even lpnintendo removed the warning sticky! The only issue is with those that updated early and have not gotten resolved yet! BTW I am on IOS and updated before level 58 with no problems!
  • I updated when the forced update came out and so far have found no issues with the game for myself.
  • if you update now it's fine. those that crashed their town updated immediatly when the servers were clogged
  • LPNintendoITA wrote:
    if you update now it's fine. those that crashed their town updated immediatly when the servers were clogged

This feels oddly like victim-blaming. :(

Note: *We* didn't crash our towns. And if EA puts out an update, it should be expected that it doesn't screw up everything like it did. Also, in my 2+ years with this game, I've never seen a takedown cause these kinds of problems, so to imply that we should've waited until an all-clear from a user-moderated message board is unfair.

</rant>

For the record, I'm not going so far as to saying we're "victims," especially when it comes to games ("victim" is a very strong term). But my point about blame stands.
  • I updated early. My husband waited until the forced update. We both have the glitch of houses clearing by themselves with no credit for cash or XP. (iOS)