Forum Discussion

2 years ago

I miss holiday events…

I know we just had the Christmas and Halloween events, but I miss the Valentines, St Pats, and Easter themed events. It gave me a reason to bust out my decorations and the chance to maybe stock up on the ones I didn’t by many of. My town is significantly larger than it was when some decorations came out, and now I have to really space them out the feel the spirit. Complaining about event structure aside, it would be nice to have the holidays recognized in a mini event, or in the vault or shattered dreams boxes at the very least.

I forgot to put up my Vday decorations, and didn’t realize it until I started putting up St Pats today. It was sad moment that helped me understand why I always have trouble keeping up with daily game play this time of year. I really love the holiday events, just like I love the holiday themed episodes.

I’m not saying I don’t like the current event, but it seems like it would’ve been better timed if it came during a slower time of year when event themes are more difficult to come up with (may, June, august, Sept).
  • It's a nice thought but I guess there aren't enough new items to fit the themes so they could base an event round 20+ new things and it's mis-timed to be a mini event as that's the gap after xmas. Perhaps they might consider a second themed mystery box for the seasons / holidays during events ??
  • I agree, there’s probably not enough to create a event for each holiday every year and there’s a good argument to be made for a regular event schedule. I wouldn’t want a full scale mini-event complete with storyline, but maybe a few days at the time of the holiday where items could be available (and maybe an appearance from Gil for a new release). It wouldn’t need to disrupt the event in progress. I am probably misremembering, but I thought something similar was done during a Christmas event at New Years when the ball drop was released.
  • They can time stuff in, like that skating rink freebie or the discounted Ds at xmas, but they are probably thinking about newer players who might get muddled with the event and the extras.
    I started in december 2015 and went from the "Training Levels" to just a few days left of an old-style event Act 1 and hadn't got a clue what was what with all the quests and crafting and upgrades.
    Taskbook chaos and I was lost !!
    Castiel_Touk
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "simpsonare;c-2227585" wrote:
    I miss pagan Christmases lol

Worst. Event. Ever :smiley:
  • "Castiel_Touk;c-2227586" wrote:
    "simpsonare;c-2227585" wrote:
    I miss pagan Christmases lol

Worst. Event. Ever :smiley:

That was one of them, but worst event ever still belongs to Easter 2014 ?
  • ?Meanwhile...
    slipping in my annual rant-reminder that Winter does NOT end, particularly in the Northern Hemisphere and snow should continue until ~3/21?

My sleigh characters continue on task in protest until that date⚠️

• We just have to make our own holiday events if they’re not going to! :D Let’s see some holiday scenes! ANY holiday! @ZennGlenn is still in Christmas but it’s ok!

I found a few more St Pat’s things in my inventory so I added them to the party.
  • "4junk3000;c-2227910" wrote:
    We just have to make our own holiday events if they’re not going to! :D Let’s see some holiday scenes! ANY holiday! @ZennGlenn is still in Christmas but it’s ok!

I found a few more St Pat’s things in my inventory so I added them to the party....

Well, not Xmas, but Winter until 3/21⚠️??