Forum Discussion

12 years ago

I was in the war i think quest messed up??

SAME!!!!!!!! I keep having that mission and Cletus keeps doing stupid things too.
It's getting repetitive and boring real quick.

Level 23 please EA!
  • Me too, couple of days now.

I believe I've completed all theists tasks, but no more quests will activate for mrs k's apartment.

Stuck in the grandpa and cleutus loop.

Maxed out in xp.
  • I've been getting the same task over and over for Grandpa too, but it isn't all that bad because that is his shortest task time (1 hour) AND you get 50 extra dollars for completing it...but wonder what other quests are being held up as a result. Cletus is also on a perpetual repeat of longer tasks. This has been going on for about a week.

I've completed maxed out XP and achieved highest level, have all buildings and am so tired of Tree House of Horror. I have all the buildings and special characters and have over 1,000 treats with nothing more to spend them. Maybe they will be worth something in the end, but doubtful.

The worst issue is constantly being disconnected when I try to send certain characters on tasks! I can hardly keep it connected for 30 seconds or less on my iPod. Don't have quite the same disconnect issue with my iPad...I can stay connected for several minutes at a time, but still it will disconnect. Arrgggg!!!!!
  • I am in the same boat and have been for weeks! It ducks. I don't even enjoying playing right now since the grandpa thing and lame Cletus quests are all you can do..

I am close to 1500 treats... What can iSpend them on?

Please EA, simpsons tapped out really really needs an update... Lets us enjoy the game again by giving us something new to do and let us spend our treats otherwise what is the point to keep collecting them?
  • I've been having this issue as well. Grandpa keeps doing the same tell stories mission, and Cletus seems to have a never-ending list of tasks. Glad I'm not the only one with these issues.

At first, I thought it was a joke. Grandpa telling stories and forgetting that he just did the task. I got tell stories like 5 times, then something else, I think. After that, I kept getting the tell stories mission again, thought it was a joke again. But it's always a single time and has been right around ten times now, which is more annoying than funny. I also figure that if this were intentional, they'd let us know how many times we have to tell stories before moving on.

So...glitched, more than likely. If I had to guess with Cletus, a recent update probably deleted all the progress we had with him (the various tasks that used to be there before the halloween update, making a random character do a random act) making us do all of his tasks all over again.
  • I had the same problem, Cletus was caught in an infinite loop of quests, I was getting no other quests but to dig through garbage etc, Here's what I recommend you do, should it not be fixed. You have to leave all your characters free of tasks for at least 24 hrs, also make sure you save your game before exiting by clicking on the Bart and Millhouse icon ( the one that takes you to your friends) this saves your progress so far, and hopefully it causes your game to update, especially save any progress after a crash.

Also it would be important to note, if you have the game on more than one device, you need to save those too even if your not playing them, I deleted mine as I wasn't using it, (downloaded automatically on to my iPhone when I put it on my iPad) this sorted out getting more quests as it wasn't needing to update my progress in that game too, even though their was none but Cletus still gets quests from time to time but I believe this to be down to the actual rotation of how many times a character gets quests, and hopefully when the new update is released it should restore a bit of normality.

Good luck :?
  • jaffaface wrote:
    I had the same problem, Cletus was caught in an infinite loop of quests, I was getting no other quests but to dig through garbage etc, Here's what I recommend you do, should it not be fixed. You have to leave all your characters free of tasks for at least 24 hrs, also make sure you save your game before exiting by clicking on the Bart and Millhouse icon ( the one that takes you to your friends) this saves your progress so far, and hopefully it causes your game to update, especially save any progress after a crash.

Also it would be important to note, if you have the game on more than one device, you need to save those too even if your not playing them, I deleted mine as I wasn't using it, (downloaded automatically on to my iPhone when I put it on my iPad) this sorted out getting more quests as it wasn't needing to update my progress in that game too, even though their was none but Cletus still gets quests from time to time but I believe this to be down to the actual rotation of how many times a character gets quests, and hopefully when the new update is released it should restore a bit of normality.

Good luck :?

I'll give the 24 hour thing a try. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll post in a couple days with whether it was successful
  • ditty311 wrote:
    I am in the same boat and have been for weeks! It ducks. I don't even enjoying playing right now since the grandpa thing and lame Cletus quests are all you can do..

I am close to 1500 treats... What can iSpend them on?

Please EA, simpsons tapped out really really needs an update... Lets us enjoy the game again by giving us something new to do and let us spend our treats otherwise what is the point to keep collecting them?

I honestly completely gave up on the treats. I got rid of my cemeteries (into storage) and I don't even bother clicking anything involving them because the Halloween stuff is virtually over. I'm so bored with this game now though.
  • I'm having the same stupid issue as well. They need to add more levels cause I'm maxed out. Also get rid of this Halloween stuff!!!

Sent from my typewriter
  • me too (loop with grampa)

and I cant finish the Krabappel/Bart quest .. so I cant go further ..
  • im not seeing the new update, and nothing has been fixed yet with grandpa or cletis