Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Is The Great Donut Caper Needed for Donut Sale?

empathy77 wrote:
Will I need to start/complete this quest to get the Gil donut sale on Christmas day? If so, that sucks. I know Gil's deal will be a one day thing on Christmas day.

To my understanding, Homer is needed to start the quest and I currently have Homer and Lisa hiding in the tree house. I am doing this so I can get more gift cards for spin tokens because the odds of winning the big items from the wheel is equal to winning the lottery, the real lottery.

Oh well, donut sale takes precedent.

You can always use your donuts to buy spin wheel tokens ;-)
  • snowyriver32 wrote:
    empathy77 wrote:
    Will I need to start/complete this quest to get the Gil donut sale on Christmas day? If so, that sucks. I know Gil's deal will be a one day thing on Christmas day.

To my understanding, Homer is needed to start the quest and I currently have Homer and Lisa hiding in the tree house. I am doing this so I can get more gift cards for spin tokens because the odds of winning the big items from the wheel is equal to winning the lottery, the real lottery.

Oh well, donut sale takes precedent.

You can always use your donuts to buy spin wheel tokens ;-)
    yeah right like it's worth to buy donuts to spin that C°°P
  • HCoinslot wrote:
    Just inventory the Treehouse and redo Homer and Lisa's tasks after the holiday.

Does this work even if homer and Lisa have finished their 24 hr task of hiding
  • Purely speculation but...

I cannot imagine EA would require a quest line to be complete to participate in a donut sale.
    Why would they limit the number of people being tempted to buy donuts?
  • Naes556 wrote:
    Purely speculation but...

I cannot imagine EA would require a quest line to be complete to participate in a donut sale.

I would hope and agree, but you never can tell. From spoilers that I am reading, this quest is tied into the donut sale.
  • HWick_Bluenose wrote:
    And the sale is only on Christmas Day? Well I'll be busy doing other things so they won't be getting my money. Pretty foolish if that's the case.

A truly dedicated tapper knows no holidays.

Or rather: He has a rough concept they exist, as there are events based on them, but the fact that some people actually gather in real life to celebrate them seems alien to him. So anyone who rather celebrates Christmas with his so-called "loved ones" than tapping all day long doesn't deserve a donut deal.
  • empathy77 wrote:
    Naes556 wrote:
    Purely speculation but...

I would hope and agree, but you never can tell. From spoilers that I am reading, this quest is tied into the donut sale.

So lets for the sake of argument say that they are connected.

You are up to a total of two hours worth of tasks so far.
    If you get left out of the deal finish the two hours and whatever tomorrow's quest is if you are willing to give up on homer in the tree house.
    So far it isn't worth doing ahead of time if you are collecting gift cards.