Forum Discussion

12 years ago

iTunes gift card question

Toj427 wrote:
I'm trying to use an iTunes gift card to buy $10 worth of donuts. I for some reason can't buy the donuts though. When I try to purchase them it says I have insufficient funds. Has anyone been through this before?

Tax.

I hear some people get charged tax when using those cards or buying donuts, can't remember which. If you are going for the 9.99 amount then the tax is doing you in. Either get a smaller amount or tie in your debit / credit card to cover the difference.
  • yea for me i have a 13% tax in my area so 9.99 would cost me 11.30..
    or 99.99 would cost me 113.00
    life isnt fair.. i dont quite understand why tax would be applied to this type of purchase but oh well.. im already hooked..
  • You get taxed when buying donuts. To get $10 worth you'll need to buy another iTunes gift card or pay the difference on a credit card.
  • zuzupj wrote:
    You get taxed when buying donuts. To get $10 worth you'll need to buy another iTunes gift card or pay the difference on a credit card.

I don't get taxed.

It depends on the state/country that you live in when making the purchase.
  • Cujo038 wrote:
    yea for me i have a 13% tax in my area so 9.99 would cost me 11.30..
    or 99.99 would cost me 113.00
    life isnt fair.. i dont quite understand why tax would be applied to this type of purchase but oh well.. im already hooked..

Yup In Canada there is a 13% tax on donuts
  • On the gift card note... That app. ..or sort of app "free my apps" isnt half bad... Some dude commented on it and it works. You have to have a US itunes account though.