Forum Discussion

4 years ago

KEM farm/ tips pls

I need help for early game ( level 16 ) farming getting a strong base early game. Making extra money/ donuts any tips please let me know. The best kem strategy as well to not loose too much money. Just tips on playing better really
  • 1. Raise your bonus multiplier as much as possible
    2. Cycle KeMs every four hours for the next few years, until your bonus exceeds 1000%
    3. By then you can switch to bloodmobiles and farm on demand as needed.
    4. At that point you'll be able to complain about having too much cash and nothing to spend it on, and finishing events too quickly so they're "boring". That is the usual routine here anyway.
  • You shouldn't farm until you get your bonus up to at least 150%. The early game is meant to progress a certain way and KEM farming can cause problems.
    Read the following
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/90074/tips-for-players/p1
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/149536/kwik-e-mart-also-known-as-kem-farming-guide/p1
    It's a town not a base
    Don't ignore Krustyland
    Only buy land when you absolutely have to buy it
    Do Springfield Heights for the bonus
    Buy the beach hideaways and upgrade then ASAP
    The Burns box has unique items in ti and then it is the best way to up your bonus. Next would be Jet engine bikes in the vault
  • Wow! You really did start KEM farming early @frosted1414, I don't think I would have been doing it at level 16 myself, but then again it hadn't been invented way back then as we had to wait around for them to release a new level with new stuff every few weeks.

I think @4junk3000 has a valid point there as well, he's kinda saying don't rush it, enjoy the process so you don't run out of stuff to do too soon, and end up like us old hands who have nothing to do in between events except sit on here either moaning or trying to help out others.

I seem to remember the first 63 levels being fairly busy with storyline quests and such, after which point it's just level, level, level till you hit 939, so I'd probably recommend that as a decent time to start farming for donuts and increasing that bonus.

@1EllieG7294 's tips are all good ones but I'd add in the yearbook (don't know what level that appears at) as a decent source of bonus increasing items. There's a handy breakdown of all the items in it and their % value over on the wikisimpsons and if you keep refreshing to mix them up till you have a whole row of high % items then that can be a great way to massage your bonus % without getting overrun with too many multiples of the same thing.

The best advice really though is to enjoy the game, don't let it become work and take it at whatever pace you're comfortable at, despite the regular rumours to the contrary I don't believe it's going away any time soon.
  • @ASimpsonsmi
    Here is my General Advice for New Players:
    You can't make a nice town right away unless you pour money into the game.
    Don't buy land unless you absolutely have to. Cram your buildings in together until you've finished the first 60 levels of content. Then you can start buying land to spread out and make things look nice.
    Buildings MAKE money, land just uses it up. And it gets more and more expensive.
    Don't buy anything unless the game tells you to. Those flowers will still be there when you reach level 939. (Levels 61 to 939 just give you donuts.)
    Every time you collect up 6 donuts buy a Mr. Burns Mystery Box (in the Premium content sub-section of the Store). The prizes will help you raise your multiplier. A lot.
    The higher your multiplier is, the more money you get every time you tap.
    As soon as you unlock Springfield Heights at level 30 start doing the crafting and stop buying Burns Mystery Boxes for a while. Save your donuts up for the 5 Beach Hideaways. They'll push your multiplier up by 100% once they're fully upgraded.
    Use the crafting materials to purchase the land in the Heights. Build the Heights buildings (and 3 Islands) - all of them. Together they'll increase your multiplier by 153%.
    Once you've unlocked the Marketing Agency you'll be able to unlock character crafting tasks that run 8 hours - no sitting and crafting every 30 seconds (and 2 minutes, and 5 minutes, and...)
    The key to this game is patience. My oldest game has a cash surplus of over 2 BILLION and I produce 135 to 145 donuts a day just by tapping (and building Kwik-E-Marts every 4 hours, but that's an advanced topic for AFTER level 60).
    Still short on cash now that you've finished all the first 60 levels of content? (The Googleplex is the final basic building.) Start buying more Blue Houses. Lots of them. This is called house farming and it pays for itself - and then it starts paying off.
    frosted1414
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Level 16 and ready kem farm. I love it! I did that too I was farming 2 at time according to this pic. My tips are: don't buy land till you need it and spend donuts only on Burns Mystery Box. And maybe start a house farm too.
    "frosted1414;d-100416" wrote:

DAY 5, level 16, bonus 16.25%:
    http://i.imgur.com/zn4HaPT.jpg

frosted1414
    Seasoned Newcomer
    @TheRealTiminator that was my second town so I had experience ?
    Day 1 would have been like this
    "frosted1414;c-1621336" wrote:

http://i.imgur.com/N1raSfw.png

• The road ahead is long and hard lol but worth it. It took me 2yrs plus a chunk of money to get a free premium game. Pretty much everything said above is the route to go to get things rolling. You want to build your percentage multiplier. And when you have it available try out using the XP collider. You will be farming XP for donuts. To farm xp you want to build and harvest kwik e marts. But only make the xp collider investment when you can already gain a fair bit of cash and xp. And the best bang for your donuts is the mystery box. You want to pull out the news vans (2%) and the itchy and scratchy billboard (1%) to build your multiplier.