Forum Discussion

6 years ago

kindle fire users

i just reloaded the game into my old kindle and the zoom problem was no longer an issue great to see my springfield again!!!!
  • "VigilantGuardian;c-2061789" wrote:
    It’s probably a software related issue, if people with the newest kindle OS backpeddled to an older version it would probably revert to normal.

I wonder what the difference is. Does this only affect Fire OS 5 & above?
  • As a kindle user, I'm quietly hoping with each update that the zoom will be fixed. I don't know how much longer I can stand playing like this. I know it's fairly new but like a kid waiting on Christmas, it seems like forever!
    EA - please help. Don't make me buy the 10" Samsung tablet I've already targeted as a replacement! Playing this game (and shopping on Amazon) is the ONLY thing I ask this kindle to do!
    (Fingers are crossed for next update)
    Thanks for listening
  • How is it fixed for one but not the other? Did you try a reinstall yet?
  • "4junk3000;c-2061781" wrote:
    How is it fixed for one but not the other? Did you try a reinstall yet?

There doesn’t seem to be a problem on older Kindles, only newer ones.
    "halocrashing;c-2052655" wrote:
    We have two Kindles in this household. One is an older Kindle Fire HD (3rd Generation) and the other is a newer Fire (5th Generation). Strange thing is mine, the older 3rd generation and I have not experienced the zoom bug at all. Family member's newer Kindle still has the bug on 2.26.19 4.37.5 update. He has loaded the game both on my Kindle with no bug and on a marshmallow android with no zoom bugs and his town works on those devices but stays zoomed in only when he signs into his own device. Me thinks this is more related to game coding and hardware/software architecture changes between Kindle generations.

https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/239111/game-is-zoomed-all-the-way-in-after-downloading-valentines-update/p1
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/Can-t-zoom-out-on-Fire-HD-8/m-p/7365145#M128415