Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Krustyland visitors in wrong place

Last week I took advantage of the extra land by moving my KL. All paths were removed from the old site and new KL paths put in the new one. However about half of my Krustyland visitors are now randomly wandering around my town. Does anyone have any ideas?
  • "Muhsterino;c-2051654" wrote:
    "johncolombo;c-2051646" wrote:
    I was able to select one of the KL park visitors and store her. I was hoping she'd drop onto my KL roads (she didn't) but the most interesting thing I discovered was the character had a name "lil thrill seeker". I was unable to select any of the other KL visitors. Did we know this was a thing? She's the one in a blue dress with a balloon.

That is one of the npc’s from the takedown of the Itchy and Scratchy event, this from Simpsonswiki:

thanks
  • "JJR2112;c-2051866" wrote:
    Managed to round mine up from the woods and herd them into the center of town (1 refused to be tamed). Trying to decide if I should give them a home in the zoo or see if they can adapt to city life.

https://i.imgur.com/DFA4aID.png

Awww, they look sooo cute, is it ok to feed them???

OK, I know this thread is old, but "new thread been discussed before" and all that, so it's here.

I made KL paths into a long @ shape and fairly soon got one visitor.
    Broke it up to 4 long paths and very soon got 2.
    Broke up each path into 3 sections all 3 tiles long, very soon got 5 KL visitors and Gelatinous Homer.

Don't know why Gelatinous Homer was there though, he's always on a road, for some reason he had left it and was on a normal footpath then went to KL path.

Is it dependent on number of KL paths in relation to visitors???

I tend to get KL visitors anywhere, middle of green unbuilt tiles, walking round SH with no routes of any kind, just walking anywhere round SF.

But with these 12 bits of path they do move about and chop and change very quickly between them.
    Perhaps, not have 1 or 2 paths but loads of scattered tiles.
    Though would be much better if characters and NPC's would walk on any route tile.
  • Got all 8 there now, then I made the paths into one big block and they move about a bit like cattle, but when I reduced it and put loads of little bits everywhere it makes them move around a bit more.
    They seem more likely to move path to path if broken up and less likely to walk everywhere if it's all connected.
    Just an idea.
  • I made 8 straight long paths with 2 land tiles between any 2 paths.
    4 Or 5 stayed on their paths just walking backwards and forwards.
    3 Or 4 wandered off to a neighbour's path or stopped part way and just stood on grass.
    But.

Then I made 12 paths all being 4 path tiles long.
    4 Columns of 3 paths with gaps of 3 path tiles between any 2 paths, all end to end.
    Going along a row of 4 paths there were a gap of 2 path tiles between any 2 paths.

It's very regimental but it was only to see how KL visitors move, and they do seem to move about a lot more.

They not only move on the path but, they are more likely to leave the path and walk across grass to spend time on the other path.
    It seems, don't have the paths too big or too far apart and visitors will move about more, not just on the paths but between them.

So if I wanted, I could decorate the grass inbetween and it would look like the location has visitors.
    It was just an idea I had, would I do it... not sure, I don't like the path edging and not all KL plants and trees will go there to hide it.

As opposed to all of them on one big path and not appear to be moving independently but more as a herd.