Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Labyrinth/maze

Just open up some land, buy a lot of hedges and use them to shape a path.
  • One thing to keep in mind is to use two rows of empty space between each hedge wall to make it look ok. Since the hedges are as high as they are wide they completely cover one visible row behind them. Thus you need to keep two empty rows between all the hedges to give a visible effect.

Two rows:

http://i1310.photobucket.com/albums/s650/guinan80/606B464A-5C9F-4519-B4F7-6259DA90B3A5-5662-0000071157C25D12_zps1125d3ee.jpg

One row:

http://i1196.photobucket.com/albums/aa406/mikeandben/5bf2b42ff8c321e7fbf8d57650c6c609.jpg

See what I mean?
  • Mine's in my sigature. If you mess up placing a piece, the game makes it a little difficult to select the right one to fix it. So it awhile. :roll: Mines huge. It's In my landing zone. :D Other people's have been bigger. I usually change mine every so often. Not sure what you mean by can't get it to work.
  • I want it to be solveable and not to messy. Its hard to plan the whole maze up in your head when youre starting in one of the corners. Perhaps I should pick up a scetch-book and a pen to get it right from the beginning?

Or should I start off by putting something in between as a blocker, so I keep my solution-way free as I build and then remove the blockers when Im done? In my experience its hard to get the right pieces out later on if they are put close together.
  • hundgrejs wrote:
    I want it to be solveable and not to messy. Its hard to plan the whole maze up in your head when youre starting in one of the corners. Perhaps I should pick up a scetch-book and a pen to get it right from the beginning?

Or should I start off by putting something in between as a blocker, so I keep my solution-way free as I build and then remove the blockers when Im done? In my experience its hard to get the right pieces out later on if they are put close together.

It is difficult. If you put something in as a blocker, you're going to spend a life time trying to select those pieces out depending on how large you want it to be.

You could plan it out on graph paper, I suppose. I picture what I want and just place mine piece by piece and hope for the best. When I finish it, then go back and make corrections to it.
  • petergeenen wrote:
    I drew mine out on paper first. I also counted. A lot!

Very Impressive :thumbup: