Forum Discussion

mikepellerin60
Seasoned Newcomer
11 years ago

Landing Zone Question

Yeah, there should be a way, I'm not sure where to find it, though.

It might change anyway, if a new land update hits, so you might end up having to move it, anyway.
  • I have a neighbour whose lp is empty except for SC stuff. He or she has purchased all the land and has everything built along the outskirts making you search to find anything to click.
  • 4junk3000 wrote:
    The LZ is the midpoint of your width and depth of purchased land only. The land grid available is currently 14x14. So the center is approximately at 7x7 on the grid . you don't have to own land to each edge to identify this point, but it does make it easier.

But once i had my center, i put my jebediiah statue on it and started building my town square even though the LZ hadn't quite hit it yet. It eventually did.

If you want to find the center early, you can count the repeating pattern in the mountains and on the beach sand, starting from the left corner where they meet. It's tricky, but it can be done.

I wish I had prepared better for the landing zone changes early on. I've moved my town around 4-5 times since starting to accommodate it's location change. Now it is at the point where it'll just be simpler to nuke the town and start over.
  • neuroheart wrote:
    KrisV wrote:
    I highly enjoyed having the lodge be center during the event. Be nice if we have the option either by use of a certain decoration ...

I've said several times that a unique (means one per town) "directory map" decoration would be perfect. Why? Because it wouldn't look out of place in a shopping center or a forest/campground, or near the town hall or even near a school. And as long as it isn't too large, it could be hidden behind a home or other building, essentially making that building the landing zone.

Something akin to this (but probably shorter, for hidey potential)

It could show a miniature version of your town! And be clickable so that it autoscrolls to the relative location you clicked.

• neuroheart wrote:
    KrisV wrote:
    I highly enjoyed having the lodge be center during the event. Be nice if we have the option either by use of a certain decoration ...

I've said several times that a unique (means one per town) "directory map" decoration would be perfect. Why? Because it wouldn't look out of place in a shopping center or a forest/campground, or near the town hall or even near a school. And as long as it isn't too large, it could be hidden behind a home or other building, essentially making that building the landing zone.

+1! :-D
  • neuroheart wrote:
    KrisV wrote:

That is an awesome idea! I would love to have the ability to say where the landing zone is, and that makes so much sense. Bravo! :thumbup: