Forum Discussion

7 years ago

"Living in Fear" glitch

Yesterday, as part of the Jack the Ripper storyline, I sent the vast majority of my characters on the "Living in Fear" task, which seems to occur in Otto' school bus.

While I leveled up and the money was being collected I noticed that those characters were automatically heading back to the bus, but taping on the bus does not reveal any characters performing tasks. In addition tapping the Guy Incognito icon in upper left corner, which has his task marked as completed, only takes me back to the bus; it does not advance the icon to the next character.

I force quit and restarted the game. The "Living in Fear" task was marked as completed, but again the characters automatically started on that task again. Interestingly enough, the money and donuts are accumulating.

I went through that cycle a couple of times last night and again this morning. This is continuing to happen even though Jack's quest is now completed.

Anyone else have this problem?
Wondering if I should mine this issue for the donuts and when I tire of it store Otto's bus and see what happens.
  • I thought this thread was about the top left character button glitch as many players are indeed in fear of getting it!
  • "168sean168;c-1947487" wrote:
    I thought this thread was about the top left character button glitch as many players are indeed in fear of getting it!

It's like the Cancer, you never know you'll get it but there's always a possibility
  • "168sean168;c-1947487" wrote:
    I thought this thread was about the top left character button glitch as many players are indeed in fear of getting it!

When my game loads up, between the splash screen and my town appearing, my screen goes black for about 8 seconds. They are the longest 8 seconds of my life, as I worry every time I go into my town "Is this it? Is this the time I get the glitch"

Not cool EA! Fix the darn game already!
  • "jaythecanadian;c-1947486" wrote:
    You only needed to send 1. I sent 3 though but 1 did complete it.

True, but like all tasks that are part of a quest it overrode the Office Manager function and prevented it from deploying the characters that could be involved with that task. So rather than deploy each character manually I used the task menu.
  • "anastasios_p;d-220725" wrote:
    Yesterday, as part of the Jack the Ripper storyline, I sent the vast majority of my characters on the "Living in Fear" task, which seems to occur in Otto' school bus.

While I leveled up and the money was being collected I noticed that those characters were automatically heading back to the bus, but taping on the bus does not reveal any characters performing tasks. In addition tapping the Guy Incognito icon in upper left corner, which has his task marked as completed, only takes me back to the bus; it does not advance the icon to the next character.

I force quit and restarted the game. The "Living in Fear" task was marked as completed, but again the characters automatically started on that task again. Interestingly enough, the money and donuts are accumulating.

I went through that cycle a couple of times last night and again this morning. This is continuing to happen even though Jack's quest is now completed.

Anyone else have this problem?
    Wondering if I should mine this issue for the donuts and when I tire of it store Otto's bus and see what happens.

Yes, other players have had the same problem.
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/219306/help-everyone-in-town-is-stuck-in-the-orange-house-living-in-fear#latest
    https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/219395/game-stuck-in-time-travelers-knife-part-5-citizens-live-in-fear
  • Gave up on the free donuts and money since I needed Maggie who was part of this loop.
    Stored the bus which immediately kicked everybody out.
    Character icon seems to be working again.