Forum Discussion

4junk3000
New Spectator
4 years ago

Max Conservation

No, not Max Power; are you doing everything you can to conserve your item count?

I have been downsizing grouped items, shortening fences, pruning trees, and more, to avoid reaching the item count limit. Lately I've been removing anything concealed by layering, including ground surfaces which may or may not affect my item count. Here is an example:

Repetition of form fools our eyes into seeing a continuous pier, but it's not:

Are you doing this? Do you have any other tips for conserving item count?
  • I had quite a few roads with bridges over the water but because of the items limitation I removed a lot of them. That helps a lot too .
  • "terradane;c-2203930" wrote:

I'm starting to do "yard audits"; i'd remove a tree or two from each of these yards, and remove each first section of fence, so it no longer comes up to touch the sidewalk. That would remove about 15 items from within this one image, for example.

Ugh, it's a chore in itself, trying to decide what to strip away. I'm redesigning my town right now, just got the 12,500 notice; i know i will hit 14,400 before placing my stored designs. My zoo and airport aren't even on the ground yet. It sucks.

I want an item count of about 20k at this point. #fatchance
  • We definitely need a item increase. I just closed in on the max limit after finishing my town design! I still have plenty of land for another district!