Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Meaningful interaction with friends

I agree, I like the eggs and tp part of the Halloween update. It is rather boring with just the 3 interactions a day.
I only assume well have snowballs for a Christmas update which would be cool.
  • One of the features that someone has just suggested on another thread, is to do a trade with your friends (not stealing your lemon tree) But some limited items people didn't get, such as the new starters.
    I believe this would make it more interesting too.
  • There was also some discussion on another thread of having the 140-character text messages left at the Post Office. We'd leave mail on our visits and receieve mail in our towns.
  • ************ necromancy alert!*******************

I just received my first valentine (thanks, Big Sis!), and it was pleasant to once again get some indication of who had visited my Springfield. I hope this update feature is the 1st step toward including some meaningful communication within the game.

************ Back to your regularly scheduled forum banter **********************
  • elsie_d wrote:
    ************ necromancy alert!*******************

I just received my first valentine (thanks, Big Sis!), and it was pleasant to once again get some indication of who had visited my Springfield. I hope this update feature is the 1st step toward including some meaningful communication within the game.

************ Back to your regularly scheduled forum banter **********************

I think the entire update works that way.

You have to view the towns you visited to find the cards.
    You stand a better chance of getting a heart if you can see the character doing a task.
    You also have decent chance if you can tell the building is in use, like seeing the dove on the church.

If someone is playing for hearts, they have to view the town. And that means people have to use some kind of design

And fugly towns with the buildings shoved together so you can't see anything probably won't pass that test.

• A_Bad_Exampl3 wrote:

You stand a better chance of getting a heart if you can see the character doing a task.
    You also have decent chance if you can tell the building is in use, like seeing the dove on the church.

If someone is playing for hearts, they have to view the town. And that means people have to use some kind of design

And fugly towns with the buildings shoved together so you can't see anything probably won't pass that test.

I hadn't thought of the strategy behind finding hearts in this manner. I've had a string of good luck with the library, so I was just aiming for particular homes and businesses I'd had success with on previous visits in several towns. If there is indeed a method to this madness, we could help each other out by setting tasks in specific buildings that are easy to tell if they are in use. I'll try tasking Smithers in the PO tomorrow since I haven't seen valentines over that building and see what happens.
  • elsie_d wrote:
    ************ necromancy alert!*******************

This is a good start and it encourages ppl to continue visiting friends Springfield's.
  • I was thinking earlier about how useful it would be if we had the ability to leave a short status update. I've finally started getting hearts in my town today and more and more towns are becoming accessible but I was thinking of leaving a "thank you" message on my free land in hopes that people would understand that I'm getting stuff and gladly returning if I can. When I first started being able to collect from my characters I still couldn't access those users' towns so I didn't want then to think I was being a Scrooge because I hadn't hit them back yet. I hope to have everyone online tomorrow but so far I think I still have 10-15 users that are inaccessible. This is so confusing. I'm not even bothering to find out why some people are accessible and others aren't. I'm just glad I've finally been chosen.
  • elsie_d wrote:

A_Bad_Exampl3 wrote:

I hadn't thought of the strategy behind finding hearts in this manner. I've had a string of good luck with the library, so I was just aiming for particular homes and businesses I'd had success with on previous visits in several towns. If there is indeed a method to this madness, we could help each other out by setting tasks in specific buildings that are easy to tell if they are in use. I'll try tasking Smithers in the PO tomorrow since I haven't seen valentines over that building and see what happens.

What I have found works is, and descending order of reliability is:

Willie raking leaves.
    If police station is in use and Quimby is not there, and Wiggum not bible
    If only 1 Kik-e-mart and Apu is not outside
    Nelson on guitar
    Plant, and Burns is not visible
    Flanders house if Lisa is visible
    Skinner as crossing guard
    Krusty Juggling and Luigi either tossing Pizza or playing his instrument
  • adruralo52 wrote:
    This is a good start and it encourages ppl to continue visiting friends Springfield's.
    So true! Like the Halloween TP & eggs, but better because of the valentine and name "message."

nancalmei wrote:
    I was thinking earlier about how useful it would be if we had the ability to leave a short status update. I've finally started getting hearts in my town today and more and more towns are becoming accessible but I was thinking of leaving a "thank you" message on my free land in hopes that people would understand that I'm getting stuff and gladly returning if I can. When I first started being able to collect from my characters I still couldn't access those users' towns so I didn't want then to think I was being a Scrooge because I hadn't hit them back yet. I hope to have everyone online tomorrow but so far I think I still have 10-15 users that are inaccessible. This is so confusing. I'm not even bothering to find out why some people are accessible and others aren't. I'm just glad I've finally been chosen.
    I agree with your sentiment 100%. I wanted to do the same thing, leave a message, but to those whose towns I could visit but who could not access mine. In this instance (unbeknownst to me at the time) they were receiving the card messages; I thought I was getting hearts and giving naught in return. In-game messaging simply makes sense and would enhance gameplay as long as game stability persists.
  • A_Bad_Exampl3 wrote:

What I have found works is, and descending order of reliability is:

Willie raking leaves.
    If police station is in use and Quimby is not there, and Wiggum not bible
    If only 1 Kik-e-mart and Apu is not outside
    Nelson on guitar
    Plant, and Burns is not visible
    Flanders house if Lisa is visible
    Skinner as crossing guard
    Krusty Juggling and Luigi either tossing Pizza or playing his instrument

Thanks, I'll try this.