Forum Discussion

11 years ago

My first complaint post

obake-odori wrote:
Why in the world do the cars in the drive in face the opposite way? I've tried to expand the drive in with other cars, but no matter which way you turn them, the available cars do not all face the same way as the cars in the drive in. That's just lazy! And to keep it from getting too negative, anyone out there with brilliant plans for your drive in?

I didn't buy it yet but my brother did. He just placed the cars anyway, they don't look that bad, especially at a glance. he stuck some parking meters up next to the cars as speakers or intercoms or whatever. It looks pretty nice! :)
  • obake-odori wrote:
    Annathewicked wrote:
    People park backwards at our drive-in in real life..... So it doesn't bother me much- could look better, but it's not bad

They do? I never knew that! Been years since I was at a drive in. Problem solved!

Oh yes, it quite fun to load the back with pillows and blankets and junk and lay down.....

And I feel very lucky to live within an hour drive of two drive-ins. They are spectacular and so much fun to go to, wish weather this time of year didnt close them down...... Their a dying breed which is sad- less than 300 left in United states I believe, so go support something awesome if you have one near you. It's a never forget experience
  • Annathewicked wrote:
    obake-odori wrote:
    Annathewicked wrote:
    People park backwards at our drive-in in real life..... So it doesn't bother me much- could look better, but it's not bad

They do? I never knew that! Been years since I was at a drive in. Problem solved!

Oh yes, it quite fun to load the back with pillows and blankets and junk and lay down.....

And I feel very lucky to live within an hour drive of two drive-ins. They are spectacular and so much fun to go to, wish weather this time of year didnt close them down...... Their a dying breed which is sad- less than 300 left in United states I believe, so go support something awesome if you have one near you. It's a never forget experience

Did you get to wear pajamas at the drive in when you were little? Must have made it easier for my parents to plop us right into bed. But that was sooo fun.
  • patzmcm wrote:
    Annathewicked wrote:
    obake-odori wrote:
    Annathewicked wrote:

Did you get to wear pajamas at the drive in when you were little? Must have made it easier for my parents to plop us right into bed. But that was sooo fun.

Oh yes! And did the same thing with my daughter when she was younger a few years back..... Nice that mine plays double feature kids/adult movies usually..... Watch a kids movie, Kids falll asleep, adults watch a movie we want to..... All happy
  • Ours had a concession stand and a playground in the middle, long time ago, Reading, Pennsylvania.
    Thread officially hijacked.
  • @ Annathewicked: cool they have them in '7th LayertofHell' :P

@ BarryR: groovy pic there 8)

I added a haycart which looks pretty good too :wink:
  • barryriddl474 wrote:
    obake-odori wrote:
    Why in the world do the cars in the drive in face the opposite way? I've tried to expand the drive in with other cars, but no matter which way you turn them, the available cars do not all face the same way as the cars in the drive in. That's just lazy! And to keep it from getting too negative, anyone out there with brilliant plans for your drive in?

I agree. I just didn't put any cars at mine because it looks odd when vehicles are facing away from the screen.

Yeah... :roll:
  • I was going to make my drive in bigger too they should rotate like fences it sucks they don't
  • Ayrianas wrote:
    leongeiser wrote:
    Ours had a concession stand and a playground in the middle, long time ago, Reading, Pennsylvania.
    Thread officially hijacked.

Hey Reading Pennsylvania!!!! I'm in the Harrisburg area! (well I work in Harrisburg but live in Mechanicsburg) I think you are the first PA person I found on here lol.

Anyway, they still have a drive-in here....in Dillsburg. Still has the playground and concession stand :mrgreen:

Here is another Pa player! Lol. Sorry for the hijack!

No drive-in's left around here anymore. Had to love when you got a bad car speaker that was nothing but static, time to move the car, lol!