Forum Discussion

5 years ago

No Bucks Given: Prize and Premium Walkthrough

Bucks Given Pt. 1

Buck Mitchell starts

Homer: Look, Buck. I know you're happily married again, but that doesn't mean you can't be a happy home run hitter too.
Buck Mitchell: I'm sorry, Homer. I think I caught a bad case of the yips on my honeymoon!
Homer: And how long do these “yips” tend to last?
Buck Mitchell: It depends: sometimes a week, sometimes forever. Man, I can barely swing a bat.
Homer: You must find balance, Buck. The Isotopes need you. I need you.

Task: Make Homer Convince Buck Mitchell to Step His Game Up
Time: 4h
Task: Make Buck Mitchell Try to Have the Best of Both Worlds

Buck Mitchell: I have to find a way to get a competitive advantage. Ugh, I wish I played for one of those Boston teams -- they all know how to cheat.
Marge: Isn’t cheating wrong though?
Buck Mitchell: Baseball is all about cheating. It's one big fat cheating fest.
Marge: Maybe you should just work harder in practice?
Buck Mitchell: Practice? You wanna talk about practice? Practice? Practice?!
Marge: Yeah, practice.
Buck Mitchell: Okay, sure. I’ll practice.

Quest reward: $100 and 10 XP

Bucks Given Pt. 2

Buck Mitchell starts

Homer: Look, Buck. To get over your bad play you have to drown out the boos and heckles. Just ignore all the haters.
Buck Mitchell: I have haters?
Homer: Oh, tons! So many.
Buck Mitchell: It won't work. I didn’t even know I had haters, and I was still playing bad before.
Homer: Okay, new approach: you have to eat tons of crazy sugary junk food!
Buck Mitchell: Eating junk food to improve your athletic performance? Seems backwards.
Homer: Trust me. Every super athlete is hopped up on Skittles, donuts, and you name it! They only call it “junk food” to mislead the public.
Buck Mitchell: I guess I do kind of like donuts...

Task: Make Buck Mitchell Eat His Weight in Donuts

Buck Mitchell: After all these donuts, I just feel super bloated and gross.
Homer: Once you get out there, you’ll be hitting home runs at every at-bat.
Buck Mitchell: I don’t know. These donuts aren’t sitting well. *throws up*

Bucks Given Pt. 3

Buck Mitchell starts

Kent Brockman: That makes it eighteen straight losses for the Springfield Isotopes. I'm not one to point fingers, but if I was I would be pointing straight at Buck Mitchell. He's washed up!
Buck Mitchell: He's right. I am washed up.
Bart: You’re not washed up, Buck. Could I have your autograph?
Buck Mitchell: That’s nice, kid. At least I still have one fan.
Bart: Ew, no. I’m not your fan. You just signed a petition to officially ban you from baseball.
Homer: Don’t listen to him, Buck. You have tons of fans. Look over there, they’re cheering for you!
Buck Mitchell: Those are all fans of the opposing team!

Task: Make Buck Mitchell Sign Autographs While Unamused
Time: 12h

Bucks Given Pt. 4

Buck Mitchell starts

Buck Mitchell: You're not supposed to be in here! This is the men's locker room.
Marge: Oh, relax! Your terrible baseball slump is messing up my home life, so I need you to get it together, Buck.
Buck Mitchell: Marge, I’m retiring from baseball!
Marge: Okay, I didn’t want to do this, but Bart stole all the pitcher’s signs. And we have a video camera with a live feed.
Bart: If you hear one air horn then it’s a fastball. Two air horns: a changeup, and three: a slider...
Marge: Are you in?
Buck Mitchell: LET’S DO THIS!

Task: Make Buck Mitchell Steal Pitches
Time: 1h

Bucks Given Pt. 5

Buck Mitchell starts

Kent Brockman: And it’s another home run! The Springfield Isotopes take the lead after three straight Buck Mitchell bombers!
Buck Mitchell: I can't believe it! Knowing exactly what the pitcher is going to throw really gives you an advantage.
Kent Brockman: It all comes down to this. It’s full count in the bottom of the ninth with two outs. If Buck Mitchell hits a home run, the Isotopes will keep their World Series hopes alive.
Bart: *air horn*
Buck Mitchell: Okay, one air horn. That means he’s throwing a strike.
Bart: Oh, crap! The air horn’s out of air. It’s a curveball! A curveball!
Buck Mitchell: Huh?
Kent Brockman: And Buck Mitchell has swung and missed! The Isotopes' season is over!
Buck Mitchell: I should’ve never tried to cheat. I guess now I’ll have to do a bunch of my superstitious rituals and repent to the baseball gods...

Task: Make Buck Mitchell Conduct Superstitious Rituals

Bart: I’m sorry, Buck. I tried my best at cheating, but the air horn ran out of air!
Buck Mitchell: It’s okay, kid. I’m still rich.
Bart: Your life’s just one long seventh inning stretch, isn’t it?
Buck Mitchell: *singing* “Buy me some peanuts and Cracker Jack, I don’t care if I never get"--
Bart: Leave the singing to your pop star wife.

Quest reward: $200 and 20 XP
  • Tabitha Vixx Quest Pt. 1

Tabitha Vixx starts

Tabitha Vixx: Marge, I need a new dancer for my upcoming tour. A piece of clay that I can mold into the perfect Tabitha Vixx sexy backup dancer.
    Marge: Hmm, I know this guy named Disco Stu.
    Tabitha Vixx: No silly, you’re the dancer I need. That’s why I’m here.
    Marge: I'm flattered, but I think people would ask for their money back if they saw me dancing.
    Tabitha Vixx: Don't worry, Marge. You’re the perfect addition to my Sexy Divorce Land Tour.

Task: Make Tabitha Vixx Peer Pressure Marge
    Task: Make Marge Reluctantly Become Backup Dancer

Marge: Am I dancing it right?
    Tabitha Vixx: Loosen those hips!
    Tabitha Vixx: You need more rhythm. More attitude! Where’s the fire, Marge?!
    Marge: You’re being mean.
    Tabitha Vixx: This is me being nice. Now dance!

Tabitha Vixx Quest Pt. 2

Tabitha Vixx starts

Marge: I don't know if I can do this anymore. I think the moment you become a mom, you lose all your sexy dance moves.
    Tabitha Vixx: Yeah, it’s biological.
    Marge: I thought you’d give me pushback on that?
    Tabitha Vixx: No, mom dancing is as real as dad dancing. But the effects can be reversed. You just need to tap into young, single Marge.

Task: Make Tabitha Vixx Watch Her Past Performances
    Time: 8h
    Task: Make Marge Watch Past Concerts
    Time: 8h

Marge: You watch old videos of yourself every morning?
    Tabitha Vixx: Your biggest inspiration should always be yourself -- that’s a Gandhi quote.
    Tabitha Vixx: Look how young and sexy I look, Marge. Now here’s a video Homer gave me.
    Marge: Oh my gosh. That’s me dancing on my wedding day!
    Marge: I get it. The path to becoming a sexy performer is being super-into yourself!

Tabitha Vixx Quest Pt. 3

Tabitha Vixx starts

Buck Mitchell: Wow, Marge. Your dancing is, well, I don’t know what to say...
    Tabitha Vixx: Stop hitting on Marge!
    Marge: Can we get back to rehearsal?
    Tabitha Vixx: One, two, three… DANCE!
    Tabitha Vixx: Wow, you’re really keeping up with my moves. You’re good at this Marge.
    Marge: I am. I am good at this!
    Buck Mitchell: Honey, we're late. You're throwing out the Isotopes' first pitch tonight.

Task: Make Tabitha Vixx Throw the First Pitch
    Task: Make Marge Mess Up the Routine

Marge: *panting* I think I'm a better dancer than you now. I was BORN TO DANCE!
    Tabitha Vixx: Ugh, I’ve created a dancing monster.
    Tabitha Vixx: Marge, don’t overdo it. I need you to just practice the routine. Focus on that and you should be good for tomorrow's performance.
    Marge: Don’t worry, I’ll be ready for my big debut.

Tabitha Vixx Quest Pt. 4

Tabitha Vixx starts

Tabitha Vixx: Are you ready, Springfield?! It’s me, pop superstar Tabitha Vixx!
    Moe: Oh, I'm ready. *pulls out binoculars*
    Kirk: Me too. *pulls out binoculars*
    Professor Frink: Likewise. *pulls out telescope*
    Tabitha Vixx: I have a very special guest dancing backup tonight. Springfield’s own, Marge Simpson!
    Homer: Boo!
    Lisa: Don't boo Mom!
    Homer: That's Marge? She looks so different -- like the girl in one of those Carl’s Jr. commercials.
    Bart: Oh no, what is she doing up there? It’s like she doesn’t know the routine or something...

Task: Make Tabitha Vixx Perform "Sexy Marriage Land"
    Task: Make Marge Try Her Best

Moe: I'm so conflicted. I'm turned on by Tabitha's performance, but also turned on by Marge’s awful performance.
    Kirk: Now that I’m divorced, do you think I have a shot with either of them?
    Professor Frink: I’ve calculated the likelihood. Your chances with them are one in four-point-two-million.
    Kirk: There’s a chance!

Tabitha Vixx Quest Pt. 5

Tabitha Vixx starts

Marge: That was so embarrassing. I feel like Mariah Carey whenever she's caught lip syncing.
    Tabitha Vixx: Don't let the naysayers get you down. You faced your fear, and more than that, you made me look good.
    Marge: Wait, was that your plan all along?
    Tabitha Vixx: Sorry, Marge. If I hadn’t kept you in the dark, it would have never worked.
    Marge: So you were just saying I was a great dancer? I feel awful.
    Tabitha Vixx: Here's your cut of the door.
    Marge: Woo-hoo!

Task: Make Tabitha Vixx Celebrate With Marge
    Task: Make Marge Celebrate With Tabitha Vixx
    Quest reward: $200 and 20 XP
  • The names of these quests are not very creative because Tabitha Vixx's questline is called "Tabitha Vixx Quest" and Buck Mitchell's questline is called "Bucks Given" which is the same as the name of the event and main questline just without the "No" and "2020 Event". Other than that, this is a pretty decent mini event.