Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Noooo! C'mon, not Booberella!

My guess is something to do with the clocks going back an hour maybe. Dunno why but i just think maybe something to do with that.However you on't have the donuts back that you spent buying Booberella which is not good.
  • **UPDATE**

Okay I just got finished with EAs Live Chat. I explained to them exactly what happened and they looked at my back up files or whatever they are called and could find Absolutely NO record of me having purchased Booberella. It's like she came to my town, took my donuts, and vanished into who knows where. Anyways, they ended up putting Booberella back in my town so in the end no harm done.

But how weird is that?! I don't understand how that could have happened. It also makes me nervous to try to buy anything else because I don't want the same thing to happen. EA probably wouldn't believe me if I called back with the same problem.

oh and I will say this, I did have an amazing customer support agent helping me. Last time I called Ea I had a lot of problems communicating with their agents but this time was really easy.
  • Zozobras wrote:
    Zozobras wrote:
    http://i.imgur.com/fjDsQPSl.jpg

Hope I did it right!

That is an excellent pic!! It truly illustrates your point!!

What a unique spot for her to be located in. And last year we did not have the census yet, so it would have been really difficult to find her then. That is pretty amazing!! I wonder if that has ever happened to you with any other characters?
  • Zozobras wrote:
    I take it that you checked the inventory and the town centre census.

Last year, just after I bought her, she disappeared. After reading some posts about similar disappearances in other Springfield's, I followed their suggestions and found her:

check all around your town in the "off limits" areas. I found mine floating on a cloud over the mountains on the left side of the town. Clicked on her and she was back. I will try to find a pic to show you. But in the meantime it might be worth a try.

Good luck

That is so crazy! I thought I looked all over my town for her but I definitely didn't look to see if she was floating around. lol the picture is awesome
  • drosax1 wrote:
    one other thing you could also try before contacting ea is nuking your town

GamerPerfection wrote:
    My guess is something to do with the clocks going back an hour maybe. Dunno why but i just think maybe something to do with that.However you on't have the donuts back that you spent buying Booberella which is not good.

they don't get set back an hour until next sunday so it's not that

Depends where the servers are I guess because in the UK the clocks have gone back an hour this weekend.
  • MonicaL9 wrote:
    Zozobras wrote:

Last year, just after I bought her, she disappeared. After reading some posts about similar disappearances in other Springfield's, I followed their suggestions and found her:

check all around your town in the "off limits" areas. I found mine floating on a cloud over the mountains on the left side of the town. Clicked on her and she was back. I will try to find a pic to show you. But in the meantime it might be worth a try.

That is so crazy! I thought I looked all over my town for her but I definitely didn't look to see if she was floating around. lol the picture is awesome

Yeah, that is exactly what I thought. If I had not seen the pic myself, I would never have imagined that is what "over the mountains floating in the clouds" meant, LOL.

OP, congrats on a positive resolution to your problem!!

From your sig, I see that you are a freemium player. So I wonder if EA credited you Boobarella with donuts you earned completely through game play? If so, that is awesome!! I did not call or follow up before when I had issues first starting out because I was afraid EA would not help me with donuts I did not purchase. I have also discouraged others from following up for that same reason. But in hindsight I regret not at least giving it a shot to see if they would do anything. Since then I have purchased donuts and only contacted them when I had issues with those actual purchases. So I am just trying to say I am only asking for the knowledge to have in the future, not because I am partial any way to freemium vs premium.
  • bradyc79 wrote:
    MonicaL9 wrote:
    Zozobras wrote:

Yeah, that is exactly what I thought. If I had not seen the pic myself, I would never have imagined that is what "over the mountains floating in the clouds" meant, LOL.

OP, congrats on a positive resolution to your problem!!

From your sig, I see that you are a freemium player. So I wonder if EA credited you Boobarella with donuts you earned completely through game play? If so, that is awesome!! I did not call or follow up before when I had issues first starting out because I was afraid EA would not help me with donuts I did not purchase. I have also discouraged others from following up for that same reason. But in hindsight I regret not at least giving it a shot to see if they would do anything. Since then I have purchased donuts and only contacted them when I had issues with those actual purchases. So I am just trying to say I am only asking for the knowledge to have in the future, not because I am partial any way to freemium vs premium.

Thank you!

Yes, in that town (my second) I am 100% freemium (in my main town, which is the screen name I use for the forums and has the sig, I'm like 90% freemium. Maybe I should change my sig to reflect that lol) and they did credit me back Booberella which is amazing. Even if you are a freemium player I would definitely try contacting them no matter what. I had a similar problem with my main town and spoke with a number of customer service agents who wouldn't refund me, but I kept at it and finally was connected to someone who understood that what happened wasn't my fault and refunded me back my donuts. So i also think it makes a difference on which agent or advisor you get.

Hope that helps for future reference :) doesn't hurt to at least try, worst thing they can say is no ;)