Forum Discussion

12 years ago

O.T xbox one

Skyrim-mrp wrote:
Wow the games look amazing but its gona cost £429 yikes. Still cheaper than my phone.

This thread is for the people who care so no hate please :mrgreen:

Is this price official/final?

EDIT: Amazon have priced it at £600 with a wireless controller costing £90 and games costing £55! This is crazy, although I suspect this price not to be final...
  • No used market? Sheesh, that's where our 10-year old gets all his games. Is that just for the XBOX One? :(
  • kateslexis wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:
    No used market? Sheesh, that's where our 10-year old gets all his games. Is that just for the XBOX One? :(

Yes, ps4 allows used games.

We have no interest in PS as I posted earlier because minecraft isn't available on it.

I was asking about the new Xbox 360 and if it will be able to play used games.
  • Microsoft have really dropped the ball on this console, the PS4 is going to smash it in sales.

I hate that drm rubbish.

Well done sony 8)
  • cl891 wrote:
    Side note. Prices of PS4 announced this morning: $399;€399;£349. Considering $399 is equivalent to £250 ATM, the Uk market is getting rinsed for an extra £100. Also confirmation of no pre-ownership limitation on games and no regular Internet authentication to carry on playing games.

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22850409
    :thumbup: nice one! The problem is that they say that's how much theses concoles cost but that with out games right? So the bundles will be exspensive.

I think I'm still gonna go with xbox and get a ps4 slim in a few years lol
  • kateslexis wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:
    kateslexis wrote:
    lissarv68 wrote:
    No used market? Sheesh, that's where our 10-year old gets all his games. Is that just for the XBOX One? :(

Yes, ps4 allows used games.

We have no interest in PS as I posted earlier because minecraft isn't available on it.

I was asking about the new Xbox 360 and if it will be able to play used games.

Microsoft has been very sketchy on the details for used games, from what i gather it will come at a price to play used games and it will be decided by the publisher if you can play a used version of the game or for how much.

I hear that there will be a fee to pay on preowned games. Unless its from an authorised shop e.g gamestation uk. Your friend can give u a game for free ONCE so U couldn't pass it on without a charge to them. And the friend has to be on your xbox friends list at least 30 days. I'm not sure who factual that is tho cus I can't find the article I read it from :oops:
  • kateslexis wrote:

Yeah, I heard the same things. The whole thing is stupid, they need to drop the whole used game restriction idea.

It is abit unfair. I hear you only use the disk once to install it. And you no longer need to keep puting the disk in. Lol my xbox sounds like its going to take off when I load a game :lol:
  • kateslexis wrote:
    http://kotaku.com/the-xbox-one-just-had-a-very-bad-day-511766497

Seeking perhaps to head off criticisms that it had been vague (at best) and incompetent (at worst) in its messaging of core Xbox One services at the console's reveal last month, Microsoft today unleashed a flood of news, detailing the specifics of how the machine handles things like internet connectivity and used game sales.
    The news was almost all bad.

Here's a recap:

The console must connect to the internet once every 24 hours in order for you to play games. For many people, from military personnel to students, that's an inconvenience, maybe even an impossibility. Never mind what happens to everybody's console if Microsoft's servers ever come down.

The Xbox One will allow the sale of used games, at "participating retailers", but only if the publisher allows it. Publishers being the very people opposed most fiercely to used video game sales.

There are restrictions on how you can "give" and "loan" your games away. What's more, lending won't be available at launch, with Microsoft still "exploring the possibilities with our partners".

Even some of the "good" news is really just "not as bad news". Or "an avoidance of bad news".
    Responding to fears over privacy issues surrounding the "always plugged-in" Kinect, Microsoft says you can turn the Kinect off.

Leaving the sole piece of "oh, OK, that's pretty cool news" to be:

You can have up to ten people in your Xbox One "family", and can share all your content among them, regardless of which console they're using.

I think the last bit is good
    But then agian I can see alot of ppl self boosting now that u can have many gold accounts for one price. Mutilplayer games will be ruined unless there is away to stop that.
  • The restrictions on trading and selling games are stupid. You can do it, but only at approved stores or people who you've been 'friends' with for a month.

No thanks. I already had enough problems swallowing the loss from my EA games with * DRM, now they want to make that the standard. When I buy something, it should be mine and up to me if I want to trade or sell it. I'm going to love watching the backlash Micro$oft receives from this.
  • JJ illumina T wrote:
    No one bumped this earlier when all the restrictions changed? Lol
    nah there was a couple of threads about xbox and ps4 around the time. This one died a lonely death haha