Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Office of unemployment glitch

Is there a software glitch with the office of unemployment?
Whenever I have daily challenges that affect lots or all the characters, they won't work with the office of unemployment, even after I have assigned all the necessary characters to the tasks.
It's very annoying to have to individually assign tasks to 150 or so characters
  • Thanks. I understand that, but surely they could fix it so that once you have assigned the correct number of characters, it would free the rest of them for the unemployment office
  • "pigsick57;c-2137072" wrote:
    Thanks. I understand that, but surely they could fix it so that once you have assigned the correct number of characters, it would free the rest of them for the unemployment office

In all honesty as the unemployment office has been like that since initial release I really can't see them changing it, especially when they can't be bothered to fix a glitch that breaks multiple parts of the game.
  • "pigsick57;c-2137072" wrote:
    Thanks. I understand that, but surely they could fix it so that once you have assigned the correct number of characters, it would free the rest of them for the unemployment office

As was already commented, they (EA) can't be bothered to fix a very sensitive glitch, this is an arbitrary issue at best compared to that.

Latest numbers show that 400+ playable characters exist, so yeah..... Assigning 150 characters manually is tough, now imagine assigning twice as many!

Whenever this happens to me, I'll usually try and find some characters that aren't assigned to tasks. I usually have all my characters in ONE location, She-She Lounge or Kwik-E-Mart, because of this I do my best to assign other character daily challenges.

I'll forgo a cycle of character tasks, as the lag and annoyance of assigning them all tasks manually takes to long.

Or you can always just switch out the task
  • @pigsick57
    I know what you mean ,I'm about 160 to 170 and it takes sooo long.
    I can't switch the task because I will probably end up with Heights or IGC and waiting for it to do Donuts will probably max out all 3 slots.

I don't have any real troublesome glitches, I would just like them to improve the game, but they won't do that so they won't do this either.
    Nothing to do but grin and bear it.

It is also the reason why I don't like characters in mystery boxes, I can collect tax from buildings, and wages from characters can be even better, but all that extra scrolling...
  • When I get those all character jobs, I "x" the task. And then to get Office of Unemployment to see the characters again, check out the neighbors section and then go back to your Springfield to re-sync with the server. This usually solves it for me. Let me know how it works out for you.
  • "KLmaker;c-2137178" wrote:
    @pigsick57
    I can't switch the task because I will probably end up with Heights or IGC and waiting for it to do Donuts will probably max out all 3 slots.

I don't have any real troublesome glitches, I would just like them to improve the game, but they won't do that so they won't do this either.

It is also the reason why I don't like characters in mystery boxes, I can collect tax from buildings, and wages from characters can be even better, but all that extra scrolling...

Getting Daily Challenges that pay out cash is sometimes not a bad thing.

Say if you're stuck at completing 4 outta 5 or 9 outta 10 Daily Challenges in a row.

Well completing that cash based Daily Challenge can be handy for completing 5 or 10 Daily Challenges in a row.

So that you can nab the extra donuts bonus for completing the 5 or 10 Daily Challenges.

I agree about Daily Challenges that pay out SH currency though, they are worthless imo and I always try to swap those kinds of challenges out.
  • "baksinengl89;c-2137312" wrote:
    "KLmaker;c-2137178" wrote:
    @pigsick57

Getting Daily Challenges that pay out cash is sometimes not a bad thing.

Say if you're stuck at completing 4 outta 5 or 9 outta 10 Daily Challenges in a row.

Well completing that cash based Daily Challenge can be handy for completing 5 or 10 Daily Challenges in a row.

So that you can nab the extra donuts bonus for completing the 5 or 10 Daily Challenges.

I agree about Daily Challenges that pay out SH currency though, they are worthless imo and I always try to swap those kinds of challenges out.

I will only do a IGC DC if all 3 slots are used after I have cancelled it and it will stop the next days DC as a result.
    But even an IGC one will be cancelled if I can get a 1 Donut one.
    frosted1414
    Seasoned Newcomer
    It's always been that way. By design I presume. You can always X that daily challenge and hope you get one that doesn't require all Springfielders.
  • I believe it's so player's don't accidentally not send characters on DC's and event tasks, and then either miss out on the reward or the hassle of rushing or storing something to cancel the job.