Forum Discussion

12 years ago

OT- Honey Boo Hoo

You actually made it through a show?!! I couldn't even make it through a commercial of it!!!
  • You've been sucked into a reality TV show, for it's trainwreck factor. It can happen to anybody. We can all laugh at you for watching it, until another trainwreck comes along, that appeals to us.
  • Yes! You all sum it up perfectly. It's the same reason we watch a train/car wreck. Somehow, I find that reassuring. :lol:

Peace.
  • pharrah2003 wrote:
    You watched it because it is like passing a car wreck. You don't want to look, but it's like you can't look away either. Then... Once it is over, you realized your IQ may have dropped a bit and promise yourself to never punish yourself like that again.

Yes... I made that channel surfing error once too... ONCE.
    But I learned. The hard way.

I am sorry you had to experience that infliction.

;)

Very nice analogy!!
  • Never saw it. I refuse to be sucked into the "isn't white trash fascinating?" genre of reality shows-- which may have its roots in a documentary entitled "the Wild Wonderful Whites of West Virginia", which I challenge anyone to get through without attacking his television.
  • bridgester71 wrote:
    pharrah2003 wrote:
    You watched it because it is like passing a car wreck. You don't want to look, but it's like you can't look away either. Then... Once it is over, you realized your IQ may have dropped a bit and promise yourself to never punish yourself like that again.

Yes... I made that channel surfing error once too... ONCE.
    But I learned. The hard way.

I am sorry you had to experience that infliction.

;)

Very nice analogy!!

Aye, it was. :thumbup: Plus, pharrah will understand why I'm agreeing. :wink:

Peace.

shaygitz wrote:
    Never saw it. I refuse to be sucked into the "isn't white trash fascinating?" genre of reality shows-- which may have its roots in a documentary entitled "the Wild Wonderful Whites of West Virginia", which I challenge anyone to get through without attacking his television.

I'm stilling reeling over the fact that the History Channel has the audacity to broadcast Ancient Aliens.

Peace.
  • I have never seen that show.

I will never see that show.

I remember when TLC actually stood for The Learning Channel. Now it's a joke and not worthy of my consideration, stupid channel. I want my Trading Spaces back! LOL
  • lissarv68 wrote:
    I have never seen that show.

I will never see that show.

I remember when TLC actually stood for The Learning Channel. Now it's a joke and not worthy of my consideration, stupid channel. I want my Trading Spaces back! LOL

Exactly! It's like they are dumbing people down with this nonsense. It's all sensationalised crap. Channels that claim to teach, do exactly the opposite, they entertain instead.

Peace.

HillyBillyOli wrote:
    http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbe0bdQ62p1rnf5opo1_500.gif

Actually, it was on South Park that I first I heard of her. South Park, now that's another story. Best satire ever imo. :wink:

Peace.

EDIT: added new quote.