Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Playing catch-up on tapped out

Yeh, that's the way with this game. I started in October and caught up at about Christmas.
As you get more characters/buildings xp and cash will start to pour in
  • Don_Have_A_Cow wrote:
    What's the hurray? Relax and enjoy it.

:thumbup:

Totally agree no rush needed, just take the game as it comes :)
  • mpwarner wrote:
    Yeh, that's the way with this game. I started in October and caught up at about Christmas.
    As you get more characters/buildings xp and cash will start to pour in

Almost the same i started just before duff racer and caught up at christmas
  • I'm trying to get my husbands game caught up. I didn't build skinners house, as I am trying to build up some cash for the squid port update. Will it still give me the quest line for Herman's and zestys? I can't remember. I just got him to level 30 yesterday.
  • Yah, I started towards the end of whacking day, so I am still playing catch-up. I am currently level 24 and have just layed out the prison. I don't mind that I am behind though, it gives me something to work towards, and with squidport coming soon, I will be even more behind :-)
  • Don_Have_A_Cow wrote:
    What's the hurray? Relax and enjoy it.

I totally agree, i started at the beginning of valentines day and i'm only just building the businessmans social club. Take your time and enjoy the game, i have even been dragging mine out a little :mrgreen:
  • hermosarya656 wrote:
    So I came into the game late but have been playing everyday since. Got everything from whacking day and during the sale got 2400 donuts so I could get some of the premium stuff.

I am level 30 now and starting to build up some cash (about 450K right now) and still have 1200 donuts left waiting for the Squidport.

Just wondering has anyone else felt like they were playing catch-up just trying to get their heads above water? I feel more comfortable now but in the past, for level 30 for example, I had to wait a couple of days to get enough cash for the new buildings/quests. Also trying to sneak some land buys in there and extra GNBs and KwikEMarts to work on the conform-o-meter.

I think part of the problem was the bonus %, which I had around 14 for a while but not built it up to 28%.

I'm still playing catch up I started in Feburary. I'm unable to save money because there are buildings that need to be built in the game Herman's and Zesty's. but I'm level 30 now and need money for the level up. If I didn't need money for the level up I would be able to build Herman's later today instead it's going to be maybe Wednesday. Still working on the Agnes quest line (everyone is about to finish the detention quest). It takes me days to save for each building still. I hope I can get Hermans and Zesty's built before squidport comes out.

Could people please answer the following questions:

If you finish Herman's quest line after squidport will you still get the donuts?
    Also I'm about 50,000 from levelling up on level 30 - If I use all my money to build Herman's will I have enough time to save enough money to get the 3 donuts? (24% multiplier, mainly 8 hour tasks, 4 premimum characters).
  • Let's see...I started last October and didn't catch up until about level 27. And it's only in the last month that I've been able to accumulate a reasonable amount of cash. I have about $3M right now and I'm saving it for Squidport. I still have 15 blocks of land to unlock along the bottom, but they can wait.
  • pinklittlebirdie wrote:

If you finish Herman's quest line after squidport will you still get the donuts?
    Also I'm about 50,000 from levelling up on level 30 - If I use all my money to build Herman's will I have enough time to save enough money to get the 3 donuts? (24% multiplier, mainly 8 hour tasks, 4 premimum characters).

I guess no one really knows, but I wouldn't count on it. It's kind of an apology that they haven't given a big update yet, so once they actually do, they might take that code out of the game.

I don't really understand that question?
  • Reading everyone's posts is making me really glad that I started in Oct. Even though I have been playing daily ever since, I simply can't imagine starting from scratch now and knowing that I may or may not ever catch up or have the opportunity to get the already retired limited items. I missed out on the Duff Racer as it is and am unhappy about even that! Sorry if i've discouraged the newer players, but there is always the possibility that EA will bring many of them back...
  • mwdalton wrote:
    pinklittlebirdie wrote:

I guess no one really knows, but I wouldn't count on it. It's kind of an apology that they haven't given a big update yet, so once they actually do, they might take that code out of the game.

I don't really understand that question?

I'm going to level up for the bonus level and have the oppotunity to get the donuts. I only need 40000 exp but I need either $50,000 or $100,000 just in case to get the 3 donuts (I needed 100,000 last time) I have ~$195,000 in game cash atm. If I buy Herman's once I reach $245,000 will I have time to save another $100,000 for the donut boxes before I collect the 40000 xp?