Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Premium Items + Ralph Tasks

Hey buddy,

Welcome to the forums. I've spent at least $400AU on this game and I haven't regretted it for a second. If you've been lurking for a while you would know that this is a great community in which you can share your creations and ideas with some great people. We take pride in our towns and I'm sure others will join me in saying that. It has been mentioned on here before that you could spend $50-$100 on drinks while you're out or $2-$3 here and there on a chocolate bar and then you will have nothing to show for it. At least if you spend money on the premium items you will have something tangible to show off to either your friends who play, or the great people here, a lot of whom I consider my friends.

As for the tasks, I don't recall hearing or reading of any new tasks for the older characters in the game, unless they're given new skins, which, as far as Ralph is concerned, is unlikely. But I wouldn't say it's never going to happen. I'm in agreement that it is annoying, but it gives the game variety and kind of forces people (well at least me) to set Ralph (for example) on 1hr tasks while everybody else goes on 4hr tasks, and then every hour until the 4hrs is up for everybody else.

Oh, and one more thing..

:)
  • Welcome to the forum :thumbup:

Im not saying how much ive spent on this game it far too much :lol:
  • Welcome!

I told myself when I started playing that freemium games were a ripoff and I'd never spend money on this game. I also thought, "Who would ever grow corn? There's no way I'll still be playing this game 90 days from now!" So... 6 months later I'm still playing daily (and my first corn crop is more than half-way done). I bought $20 worth of donuts during the Valentine's event, then $20 again when those ran out, then realized it would be better to just give up and buy a boatload (better value per donut). And THEN my rewards card credit card started offering iTunes cards in exchange for their bonus points, so now I'm technically back to not spending money on the game but i still get sweet, sweet donuts without cheating!
  • graywolfii wrote:
    Welcome!

I told myself when I started playing that freemium games were a ripoff and I'd never spend money on this game. I also thought, "Who would ever grow corn? There's no way I'll still be playing this game 90 days from now!" So... 6 months later I'm still playing daily (and my first corn crop is more than half-way done). I bought $20 worth of donuts during the Valentine's event, then $20 again when those ran out, then realized it would be better to just give up and buy a boatload (better value per donut). And THEN my rewards card credit card started offering iTunes cards in exchange for their bonus points, so now I'm technically back to not spending money on the game but i still get sweet, sweet donuts without cheating!

Nice Reward! I am in sales, and I recently won a small sales contest. I had the choice between in Itunes $15 gift card, or a Starbucks card. Guess what I chose? Now I need to decide what premium items I would like to buy. And also, whether I should just buy $15 worth of donuts straight up, or do the golden scratch off. Suggestions?
  • Jay_Wayne_2 wrote:
    Jay_Kay_4747 wrote:
    I thought about this too, although I have both, so I didn't think about it for too long. :P I guess one of four things would happen:

You would get the sign and two breweries - not likely.
    You would get the sign and the 190 donuts - also not likely IMHO.
    You would get the sign and nothing else, therefore wasting donuts - likely.
    You wouldn't get the offer at all - likely.

People are speculating that the deal will include: Duff Brewery, Springfield Sign and $50,000. If the $50,000 is true then the deal won't be worth getting for anyone.

May I ask what happened the last time Gil had an offer like this? For instance when he offered Volcano Lair and Springfield Sign, what happened to those who already owned one of those things?

And since they include $50.000 in this upcoming deal, why would that make the deal not worth it?
  • FluidEmotion wrote:
    Jay_Wayne_2 wrote:
    Jay_Kay_4747 wrote:
    I thought about this too, although I have both, so I didn't think about it for too long. :P I guess one of four things would happen:

People are speculating that the deal will include: Duff Brewery, Springfield Sign and $50,000. If the $50,000 is true then the deal won't be worth getting for anyone.

May I ask what happened the last time Gil had an offer like this? For instance when he offered Volcano Lair and Springfield Sign, what happened to those who already owned one of those things?

And since they include $50.000 in this upcoming deal, why would that make the deal not worth it?

If you already have one of those items, you won't get the offer. Gil won't even show up in your town.

Not worth it because in game cash is easy to come by especially a small amount like 50,000$. Considering it costs 300 donuts for 50,000$.. That price will surely be reflected in the offer. Obviously at a discount but still most likely not worth it.
  • chrisp530 wrote:
    FluidEmotion wrote:
    Jay_Wayne_2 wrote:
    Jay_Kay_4747 wrote:

If you already have one of those items, you won't get the offer. Gil won't even show up in your town.

Not worth it because in game cash is easy to come by especially a small amount like 50,000$. Considering it costs 300 donuts for 50,000$.. That price will surely be reflected in the offer. Obviously at a discount but still most likely not worth it.

I see, thanks for answering. Though I do find it a bit strange that EA would come with discount offers which actually punish their paying customers. If you have already bought something, you won't get any discounted offer at all. Strange. The best thing they could do, would be to make several offers, and make people choose only one of those once. This could include one offer of only discounted donuts, and other offers could be a few items bundled together. If EA even mixed this up with a previous or even new premium item in the mix. Most people on here would jump on one of those alternative offers. EA could do so much out of this...
  • http://smileys.papashome.com/images/nothingtoadd.gif

http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b453/daspares/Daspares/Emoticon38.gif

• As I've read, the last combo offer with cash was Frink + Homer Buddha + $50,000 for 250 donuts. If you paid full price for Frink and the Buddha, the $50K cost you 85 donuts.

Which terrifies me, cause I'm ready to buy the Brewery and a discount of the Sign would be worth the wait. But I won't spend one donut on ingame cash, so if the deal costs more than the 360 I'd spend to buy them both then I won't touch it and I'd buy the Brewery tonight.

God I wish I knew that price lol... my next donut item is waiting on the answer lol.

EDIT: I caved lol. Buying the truckload now, used the money I was about to build a questline building with to buy a new plot of land, and added Frink and Duffman to my town (already bought Otto, and won SVT in a Buddha). No regrets. :)
  • before knowing of TSTO, I was addicted to some game, which I played a few times everyday. I had spent £30 in that game, but a few days after I made that purchase, the game just won't load at all no matter how many times I restarted or reinstalled the game :( I was so very sad but there's nothing I could do.

after a while I found TSTO and soon got addicted as I always loved The Simpsons :) I initially thought I wouldn't spend no money for this game, in the fear that I won't play anymore in the future and it just goes to "waste".

but in the end I decided I REALLY really want to buy more donuts! so I did! I have spent about £100 so far - some spent in game, some spent for hackers to get me awesome things for a cheap price. well, I guess I don't care wherever I buy the contents from. if things were cheaper from EA in the first place, more people were gonna buy from them and they would still earn loads. but if it's this expensive, I'm sure they know a lot of people are gonna cheat/hack. it's the consequence.