Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Ray Gun or Cauldron?

I would personally go for the ray gun, because it gives you a whole new character. Witch Marge is a cool skin and is useful, but she's not a new character, she's a costume for an existing character.
Getting Kodos, on the other hand, would complete my collection of aliens and give me a new premium payout character with some fun outdoor tasks. I'm collecting goo as fast as I can trying to get enough donuts for the ray gun. (If I get close, I might even spend some money, which I am fairly loathe to do as a broke college student.)
  • I would go with the ray gun, because the cauldron has a decoration and a skin, but the ray gun gets you two decorations and a new character, plus it will get rid of that stupid ufo flying around your town
  • They are both great, it is a hard choice.

Kang has all outdoor tasks, and they are really funny animations. Marge doesn't have as many outdoor tasks, but the bonus of 50% payout for tasks...

Last year I bought Kang (I was in the same situation with limited donuts) but I bought Witch Marge this year.

Depends on your thoughts after Halloween is done. Last year (after Christmas for example) I hid the Christmas tree behind the Volcano Lair as it looked out of place, and if I had of bought the Santas grotto thing I would have stored it as it would look out of place any time other than Christmas. So depends if you will keep using the Witch skin majority of the time after Halloween is over.

Long story short I can't give you a recommendation either way, as they are both great, but hopefully I gave you some insight to help you make your mind up!
  • Ray Gun +1

2 Decorations, plus a good classic character.

Witch Marge is one of the better skins, but having a separate character adds more $$ in the long run.

The Speed up Crops task is only worth it if you use 4 hour tasks a lot. It only takes 4 hours off the crop, so you'd get Silvertongue in 4 hours, Moonshine in 20 hours (unless you use it more than once). If you went extreme and did it every 4 hours for 45 days you'd have corn.
  • cappiello656 wrote:
    I would go with the ray gun, because the cauldron has a decoration and a skin, but the ray gun gets you two decorations and a new character, plus it will get rid of that stupid ufo flying around your town

:thumbup:
  • I bought both (and that the first time I spend real money). If I had to choose one; it would be the ray gun; it has a great multipler (check I believe it 3.75 when I bough it other say 3.50). Great animation but it sucks at hitting gremlins
  • Thanks for all your comments. Looks like I'm going with the Ray Gun.
  • Since you've made up your mind for all the right reasons, I'll give you another, lesser +1 for the ray gun: shooting the damn thing is fun. Juvenile but true.

About The Simpsons Tapped Out General Discussion

Talk about your The Simpsons: Tapped Out experience with other TSTO players.49,363 PostsLatest Activity: 3 hours ago