Forum Discussion

12 years ago

RAY GUN

I'm not buying it. Not worth it.
  • Haven't bought the ray gun. Haven't bought any donuts. Don't plan too. I'm such a cheapskate lol
  • It's not just the ray-gun you obtain but also Kang, who remains in Springfield city and not floating above in his Alien craft. When you obtain Kang, he too like the others characters has quests to give, plus he has a voice when you touch him, such as 'You made me swallow my gum', 'hey, are you blind or something', 'maybe I'll take a human bribe, that will surprise Mum', and others. When he completes the tasks, you earn a treat (possible cash in a future update) and Xp, and the Ray Gun gives a small bonus for jobs completed.
    I believe Kang will be permanent and not just remain for the holiday season, otherwise there would be an uproar by people who have spent 150 donuts to EA and demand their money back. Neither does Kang show that it is limited in the game.
    Kang is a premium item, so it's a choice whether you want the Ray-gun or not, not spending the 150 donuts does not stop you making progress with your quests.
  • Just can't do it. Want it so much, but, I cant spend that much money. If donuts were like $1.99 for $150, hell yeah.
  • You never know with EA, they may bring down the amount of donuts required as they have done with some other items. One example I remember, that the police station used to be $53,000 and now it's $40,500.
    If enough people complain then maybe.
  • if you spent donuts to get stuff dont believe it will disapear after holidays. Also the ray gun is the first building with a animation you can always tap it to make it shoot eh and Kang looks awesome. I spent 20$ for 300 donuts thinking I would get lard lad donuts + otto and his bus until I got annoyed by kangs animation and went on and purchased the gun but now I got him in my town hes awesome. anyway its your choices:P but maybe purchasing him is for a limited time (until nov 1st) but yea..2 prem characters or a big building with acharacter is always tempting too..
  • If EA wants us to spend real money on fancy decorations, or to speed up progress, then I understand. But to require so much money for characters (Duffman, Frink, etc), that is not fair to me. Give us other ways to earn donuts please. And also, the mystery box is JUST WRONG, EA dangles, tirefire, lard, squeaky teen and moleman, and I spent $20.00 just on mystery box and i got a bunch of fence, a little fake money, and moleman. I have spent $80.00 on this game acquiring characters, etc and I am too darn addicted to stop. It is WRONG.

add me: dcmargo
    Level: 17 (waiting for King Toot quest)... all quest buildings complete up to this point
    Halloween: House of Evil (pending)

• QCOuTLaWz wrote:
    if you spent donuts to get stuff dont believe it will disapear after holidays. Also the ray gun is the first building with a animation you can always tap it to make it shoot eh and Kang looks awesome. I spent 20$ for 300 donuts thinking I would get lard lad donuts + otto and his bus until I got annoyed by kangs animation and went on and purchased the gun but now I got him in my town hes awesome. anyway its your choices:P but maybe purchasing him is for a limited time (until nov 1st) but yea..2 prem characters or a big building with acharacter is always tempting too..

You're right, any Halloween stuff will not disappear from your Springfield, but it won't be available to get after October 31.
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/Halloween-Special-Items/m-p/99088#U99088

About The Simpsons Tapped Out General Discussion

Talk about your The Simpsons: Tapped Out experience with other TSTO players.49,363 PostsLatest Activity: 46 minutes ago