Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Ridiculous prices for buildings.

Theajking wrote:
I've reached level 41. 400,000 for " Ah Fudge! Factory" ?

And then Level 42 800,000 for the jewelry store.

It's bloody ridiculous

It does seem strange to me that in the span of 1 level the prices double. I'm working on vulgari now and it's taking me forever. I should be surpassing $700k today
  • drosax1 wrote:
    GamerGD3 wrote:
    With there being at least 100 characters, money should be super easy to gather. Even without premiums, you still have numerous of free characters, along with event characters.

Back in my day the post office was $250,000 (now it's like $85,000), so we had our woes as there was a few dozen less characters.

So it's mostly relative. It's to keep the game going longer so it's not instant builds each time. By this time next year, you'll be in our position of having millions in the bank and complaining the buildings are too cheap. But everyone is always at this moment sooner or later being at or near the max level with the newest buildings being days away from savings.

Wow it was $69,000 when I purchased it.

Also I just remembered that The Jewelry store and I&S studios cost more than an aspirational building which is the sun sphere at $750,000

That's nuts, I forgot that it had surpassed that one. Just about passed the Escalator to Heaven then with level 43's building.
  • Okay Quick update as i see this is causing controversy. I am not complaining about the price rise. It it just merely frustrating, that being said I only need 150,000 more to buy the jewelry store.

But the essence of what i was saying though was the rise, i don't mind paying that much for a building. I just prefered it if the buildings were a wee bit closer priced
  • Theajking wrote:

But the essence of what i was saying though was the rise, i don't mind paying that much for a building. I just prefered it if the buildings were a wee bit closer priced

It is closer, it is just the high level multiplier that makes it look like it's not. Currently it looks like this.

(base price) x 4 - for buildings offered on level 42
    (base price) x 3 - for buildings offered on level 41
    (base price) x 2 - for buildings offered on level 40
    (base price) x 1.6 - for buildings offered on level 39
    (base price) x 1.6 - for buildings offered on level 38
    (base price) x 1.4 - for buildings offered on level 37

The base price is similar to that, it's just that the "gotta have it now" multiplier makes it higher. Each time a level comes out, prices decrease down this scale. All previous levels drop down a multiplier level with the newest level at x4.
  • I think that depends on the player. I actually think it's real fun having to wait to be able to buy something. I always have so much money that I try to get rid of it (buying and selling the diamond). I actually like the fact that I can't get something straight away, and I have just been served with a 10.000.000 building. :D
  • vanettoonl726 wrote:
    I suspect EA saw too many long-time players get bored and stop playing, and wanted to give them a reason to keep logging in. Putting high prices on new items is probably the easiest way for them to accomplish this. Frankly, I had more or less stopped playing whenever there wasn't an event, but now that there's a cool $10 million building available, I have a reason to play regularly again to save up for it. But if you're a newer player and it bothers you to see items with such high price tags, you'd better fire up your house farm.

100% yes - I stopped playing unless we had an event. And now, I'm saving for a new 10 or 20 million dollar building. Finally something to work for.