Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Righteousness

Visit your friends and clean up graffiti on applicable buildings.

You can also spray paint a building, exit the town, go back in and clean up graffiti.

After doing this a few times you will see your righteousness rise.
  • That totally worked...cleaned up 2 towns 3 buildings total and my rating went up....thanks a lot.
  • This seems to come up here every now and then. While cleaning buildings in your town or a neighbor's town will fix it, it does not seem that having criminals roaming around or having spray-painted buildings drops it.

Some people have suggested that the righteousness rating falls randomly. I think that it drops when the game decides you need a new quest - like when it tells you to collect money from shops or restaurants, or decides that Cletus really, really needs to grow more Silvertongue. It's basically telling you, "Hey, go visit your neighbors!" I just raised mine back up from 1 star to 5 by performing 8 actions: sprayed then cleaned a building in 1 town, tapped a snake log, cleaned 2 buildings in another town, tapped a shop, then returned to my town & cleaned 2 buildings.

I keep meaning to take a more scientific approach when this happens but then I forget. I know for sure that there were 0 dirty buildings when I logged in, and Legs, Louie, and Snake are in the slamma! Even Mayor Quimby is being good right now, writing a book on ethics. ;)
  • I never clean my neighbours buildings :) , I let them do it for their rating, I do keep snake in prison and Moleman on. Security at krustys ,
  • Mine is either at 5 stars or 1, never in between. At times, there seems to be no rhyme or reason for why it spontaneously drops. I've also had it return to 5 stars without doing anything.

I've just started to ignore it. I'm not going to waste time pacing through towns for an extra 1%.
  • This comes up so often I am going to have to make a picture to answer it, to save time.

Just buy training walls until you are at 5 stars for righteousness, once you have done this it will never drop again.
  • So here's my experience with this. I kept my righteousness at five stars for probably four months. Never sent anyone yo do any criminal activity. Never even sent anyone on tasks that seemed unkind like torment classmates. Got lazy a bit ago and just sent everyone on whatever length task I was sending everyone else on even if it ment sending Sherri anf Terri to torment Bart. Within two days my righteousness dropped for the first time in a long time. Definitely linked to the behavior of the citizens of Springfield.