Forum Discussion

12 years ago

Santa Homer

Santa's Village just gives you 25 coins once every 24 hours, and it comes with Santa Homer who has all Christmas (santa coins) tasks, I bought it for cause I am an avid collector but I dont see the whole point of it, especially after Christmas (I mean they may change the payout to cash but it will look odd having Santa's Village out when its not Christmas, its like having a Christmas tree during Easter lol).
  • You could get every level update and buy all land and you won't get over 50 donuts
  • mitsuhoney wrote:
    Santa's Village just gives you 25 coins once every 24 hours, and it comes with Santa Homer who has all Christmas (santa coins) tasks, I bought it for cause I am an avid collector but I dont see the whole point of it, especially after Christmas (I mean they may change the payout to cash but it will look odd having Santa's Village out when its not Christmas, its like having a Christmas tree during Easter lol).

That doesn't sound quite worth a $10 investment. Maybe if they discount it. Thanks!
  • nsusaint wrote:
    You could get every level update and buy all land and you won't get over 50 donuts

Yeah, I know, plus I don't have the cash for that anyway, and I'm already on level 23! I only have one more guaranteed donut coming to me until the next update, at which point it'll be after Christmas anyway. I don't fault them wanting to make money, but $10 is a lot to spend for a seasonal item.
  • I'm pretty sure you don't need the 25 coins/day to complete the various Christmas quests. The village looks nice, but will probably go into most people's storage after New Year's. So, it's mostly a question of how much fun you'll get out of putting Homer in his Santa skin (getting stuck in the Simpsons' chimney for instance).
  • ibycus314 wrote:
    nsusaint wrote:
    You could get every level update and buy all land and you won't get over 50 donuts

Not sure where you get those numbers, but I know I've not spent a penny and I bought the Aztec Theater also in that Springfield (not my main one) I'm not maxed out on levels yet...(admittedly I got the bonus donuts at Halloween and maybe one other time...)

I've never paid for donuts and I'm at 55. I've also wasted a few maxing out tasks, but even then I'd still be in the 60's somewhere. How much does the Aztec Theater cost?
  • thejudd67 wrote:
    If the trend established by the Halloween update continues then once Christmas is over Santa's Village will behave like any other premium item and start producing cash as opposed to Santa coins. Right now it costs 200 donuts and pays out every 24 hours which coincidentally is the exact same timer length and cost as the Volcano Lair. If it's the same and the Lair pays out $500 every 24 hours then Santa's Village will probably be worth about that (for reference the prison and the hospital pay out $300 with a 24 hour timers). Santa Homer will probably act a lot like Witch Marge and so the jobs Homer does while wearing it will pay out 50% money and XP more than his jobs all do now. So you can probably expect to get a cash bonus plus have a new building to decorate your town with once the holiday is over, plus you get some extra quests to do along the way.

Which may make it worth paying for. The question is if its worth the $10. Maybe I'll see what they discount it down to.
  • Joia478 wrote:

Which may make it worth paying for. The question is if its worth the $10. Maybe I'll see what they discount it down to.

From what I've seen on here, you get SV, another Christmas tree, and a reindeer for 200 donuts.

Honestly, I would rather use 200 donuts toward something else.