Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Screen burn issue

Has anyone else got game elements burned into their screen...? These images apper on screen permanently. Here is how it looks on a white screen:

Any ideas or recommendations how to fix this?
    frosted1414
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Whoa I didn't even know that was possible on a tablet! Guess there is such a thing as playing tapped out too much :)
  • "iain51269522;c-2106793" wrote:

A screen burn fixing app how would that work?

I already let one run for a few hours. No change at all. Seems like a scam to me...

"Castiel19x;c-2106799" wrote:
    Its time to buy a new tablet.

That's a last resort. Since everything else is working fine, that's sort of a waste. At least I don't see the images while playing Tapped Out.

"frosted1414;c-2106789" wrote:
    Guess there is such a thing as playing tapped out too much :)

Best answer!
  • If you play enough to burn the screen, then just stick to "business as usual" and you'll never notice! ?
  • check your app store for a screen burn fixer for your model device
  • "EllieGuseman;c-2106731" wrote:
    check your app store for a screen burn fixer for your model device

A screen burn fixing app how would that work?
  • I'm guessing that it's a Samsung OLED screen as it seem to be a fairly common issue on them (( although for the price it really shouldn't happen)issue with OLED?) but luckily there are quite a few things that you can try to fix the problem most of them have a high success rate too.
  • "devilhunt1449;c-2106805" wrote:
    I'm guessing that it's a Samsung OLED screen as it seem to be a fairly common issue on them (( although for the price it really shouldn't happen)issue with OLED?) but luckily there are quite a few things that you can try to fix the problem most of them have a high success rate too.

Yeah i have screen burn in on my note 8 which i got last year, and i don't use it for more then a few minutes a day if not an hour max and have screen burn in from using reddit in the chrome browser?

This shouldn't be a problem on any phone let alone an expensive Samsung phone? Good thing i got an extended warranty soo I'm going to use it to either get another note 8 or a note 9. Strange thing is i don't have screen burn in from tapped out, which i play every day for more then 30 minutes sometimes. only from the chrome browser from browsing reddit have i gotten
    screen burn in, since there a red banner burned in on the top & bottom of my phone screen ?
  • "devilhunt1449;c-2106805" wrote:
    I'm guessing that it's a Samsung OLED screen as it seem to be a fairly common issue on them (( although for the price it really shouldn't happen)issue with OLED?) but luckily there are quite a few things that you can try to fix the problem most of them have a high success rate too.

As the issue is the user operating the device incorrectly I had assumed it was apple.