Forum Discussion

9 years ago

selling my house farm was the biggest tapped out mistake i ever made

I have mine on the far right. Last count it was at least 500 white houses. Put it this way...I get at least 2 million from my farm a day. And yes..that did equal quite a titanic sized load of bonuts. ;)
  • I had a medium sized house farm which I sold shortly after they raised the prices on houses. I don't really regret it. It was a eye sore. With the addition of tennis courts and wailing walls I'm making more money now then I ever did with my house farm, I understand it would be far more money with the farm but meh. I have all land squares and room is tight (as is the 5000 item limit).
  • aahackamacka wrote:
    I had a medium sized house farm which I sold shortly after they raised the prices on houses. I don't really regret it. It was a eye sore. With the addition of tennis courts and wailing walls I'm making more money now then I ever did with my house farm, I understand it would be far more money with the farm but meh. I have all land squares and room is tight (as is the 5000 item limit).

true, they are super ugly :!:
  • I had a medium house farm of purple houses because they paid out well per 3h login.

Back then my multiplier was about 80% because there were no tennis courts/wailing walls in my town.

I looked at the profit per house before I'd sell and calculate how long it'd take to make back the house cost and if that would be worth the instant cash. It'd take ~8 months of 3h logins through the day to make back the money so I went for the quick money grab (my bank was non-existent, aspirationals were all available, loads of land to buy).

I miss out on the extra cash but then again I'm not 'obligated' to log in to cash in. At the time there was no increased tap radius, no collider and no Springfield Heights experience bonus so I'm just looking at it as saved time instead of lost money.

Helps with the internal pain, nightmares and sleepless nights over losing them, you know how it is.
  • I've not had a house farm for over 3years, think i used to have one for about 6months when 1st starting to play the game but never needed one since that time as making money on the game is quite easy. Certainly have too much nowadays :lol:
  • I had a huge house farm in one of my feeder towns. It had 1,800+ white houses in it. It covered all the available land in my town, at the time (2014 ish), except a small patch for all buildings attached to characters. When they raised the prices of multiple houses I sold it of and make several millions of dollars. I haven't log into that town for over a year now.
  • Had I stored mine, I would have sold it when prices for houses went up. Pulled out 20 or so spooky houses from halloween though.
  • I haven't even counted how many houses I got, but my white houses fills up the entire SH area :lol: I'm considering storing some to design more of my town and get some other buildings out of storage though.
  • I kept back around 24 in my inventory. Got them out now every little helps to level up. :D