Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Sooo tired of everything being Premium

What happened to the days of being able to pay $1M+ for items during events and whatnot? Just finished the new Bart/Milhouse/Martin mini-questline and the prize is a cool looking battle dome for.... 150 FREAKING DONUTS.

I mean, c'mon, you gotta still make it fun for Freemium players like me. Nowadays everything that's even sorta cool is premium. I know it's easier to get donuts now than it ever was, but I don't sit on my game and grind them out either. It's way too hard for me to get 150 donuts for a cool item after I already blew the others on something else.

I'm just saying, seems like cash doesn't count for nearly as much anymore when it really should since the title" Tapped Out" signifies tapping items for cash to buy things. Not tapping 24 hrs a day to grind out enough donuts to buy something you want. I've been playing for 3+ yrs now and it just seems like EA is forcing me to become a Premium player just to stay on top on buildings and characters for my town.

Anyone else feel the same?
  • I usually do have money left over each month for donuts, for both myself and the wife.
    I can honestly say that the cost has nearly doubled recently to keep up with new premium things.
  • The only use for in game cash is buying land and XP farming. That doesn't mean that everything else is premium, every event and mini event brings a ton of free content from crafting and prize tracks. Yeah the really cool stuff is going to cost donuts but that is nothing new.

I'm planning on going absolutely hog wild and buying everything I want in this event and maybe even a little more. So far I've spent 270 donuts on island of Dr. Hibert, crazy cat lady and hellementary school. From my calculations I'm planning on spending another 570 donuts on premium items I want. Making this by far the most donuts I've spent on a single event. Normally I spend between 100-200 donuts per event. I'm really enjoying this one (especially compared to last years halloween event).

I guess I can understand being frustrated that so much premium content is being released that a player can't keep up but If a player isn't willing to pay the premium price then be happy with all the free items the game offers i.e. Count burns castle and all the other great prizes on the prize track.
  • For me the only use that I have for game cash is farming as virtually nothing gets released these days for it in all honesty, the recent trend since the end of updates seems to be new stuff is either given away free from being crafted during an event, completing a task or quest line so no need for cash, then the other stuff is premium, please don't take this as a complaint as I'm very, very happy with what we are given for nothing in this excellent game (in fact this is the only game I play ) but it would sort of be nice to have something to spend the game cash on.
  • For players who have played previous Halloween events, there is 35 free items vs 14 premium items. Which is very good

I have said it millions of times. Compared to other games, Tapped Out offers more free content than any other competitor. Unlike some other game (which makes you grind) for the free stuff. Especially the characters.
  • "Deadshot_DCU;1473718" wrote:
    For players who have played previous Halloween events, there is 35 free items vs 14 premium items. Which is very good

I have said it millions of times. Compared to other games, Tapped Out offers more free content than any other competitor. Unlike some other game (which makes you grind) for the free stuff. Especially the characters.

Case in point: the other "family" oriented Fox property has had events that were not only too short for what you needed to grind, but event currency was randomized. In other words, you could be grinding for the Marshmallow at the end, but it requires a certain number of films, obols, and video cameras to craft it, and video cameras were VERY rare. These events @tsto are much more manageable and predictable.

As far as donuts being a grind, for those of us only so far into the game
    with smaller multipliers it still is a grind to accumulate cash. Not only is new corner land still in the millions, many of us have not come close to finishing the IRS, tree, or Money Mountain, let alone aspirationals such as the Fortress of Choclitude. The It's all relative, so just enjoy where you are.
  • "CamelRama;1473941" wrote:
    "Deadshot_DCU;1473718" wrote:
    For players who have played previous Halloween events, there is 35 free items vs 14 premium items. Which is very good

Case in point: the other "family" oriented Fox property has had events that were not only too short for what you needed to grind, but event currency was randomized. In other words, you could be grinding for the Marshmallow at the end, but it requires a certain number of films, obols, and video cameras to craft it, and video cameras were VERY rare. These events @tsto are much more manageable and predictable.

As far as donuts being a grind, for those of us only so far into the game
    with smaller multipliers it still is a grind to accumulate cash. Not only is new corner land still in the millions, many of us have not come close to finishing the IRS, tree, or Money Mountain, let alone aspirationals such as the Fortress of Choclitude. The It's all relative, so just enjoy where you are.

.....and only 3 characters can make craftables, 2 of which are premium. I had to stop playing that one all together, was really depressing to only manage to get 2 prizes on the track if I didn't buy a ton just to grind with. Sucked cuz I really loved the game, lots of cool stuff.
    That's why I love this one and just put my $$ here. Better yet I've gotten a few people to play that have no problem spending. Makes me feel better cuz I can't all the time, and I don't want them to give up on it cuz it's not making them rich enough.

• I've been playing 3+ years too.

No i do not feel the same way. And I'm freemium for life.

The whales keep the game alive, and we are just riding their coat tails. YOU'RE LUCKY YOU GET TO PLAY FOR FREE AT ALL.

Lower your expectations and come back to reality. Happy tapping.
  • To clarify, of course I don't want EVERYTHING thing to be free. Just wish they would add more large items that you buy with straight cash like they used to do. Not a lot. Just a few tossed in every now and then for freemium players. Like the Battle Dome that enticed me to write this post. 150 donuts when it easily could've just been a $5million cash item. Nowadays it just seems like everything is Premium. Yes, there are tons of free stuff too but a very small percentage of new items coming out are bought with cash. Craftables don't really get me excited either especially since this event has alot of stuff we've seen before. A few new, and rather weak, crafting items doesn't make up for the much MUCH cooler premium stuff. Even cool things like Burns Castle doesn't even have a quest attached to it. Thats lame.
  • "Jabba0the0hutt;1473905" wrote:
    "4kidsandacatdog;1473656" wrote:
    While I agree with the perspectives here, I see the OP 's point. What can a tapper who has a massive amount of accumulated in game cash spend it on? Many have purchased premium decos in order to increase the bonus percentage exponentially, but aside from the occasional release of new land or aspirationals like the giant redwood or money mountain, what's the point?

I haven't reached the point where I have purchased all available land or aspirationals, but when I do, what will I use the cash for?

Spend your cash on KEM
    Cash > KEM > XP > Donuts

For me, that would completely defeat the purpose of the game.
  • There for awile it seemed like they were releasing a new fence type for cash each event and I really liked that, variety of fences is the spice of life.

I wish they would make that a tradition with each event, new event means new fence for in game cash