Forum Discussion

chud3
New Spectator
11 years ago

spooky wall

So don't spend them on the walls. Save up for what you want. Then once you have everything you want, buy spooky walls with the leftovers.
    chud3
    New Spectator
    perhaps i wasn't clear in my post. my question is - why wouldn't i do what you just said? who would want a wall piece before hugo? it's some kind of trickery, right?
  • They DO carry a (ridiculously low) bonus multiplier. It's just one of the many traps meant to trick you into panicking and spending donuts later.
  • Apparently I'm too daft to understand, because I spent my bag contents on that stupid block. I thought the bags were like the gold in the CoC event. Plus I mistook the Spooky Wall for the Wailing Wall. Super-disappointed when I realized I had just set myself back and ended up with a purple cube.
  • I fail to see how it's trickery. It's a cheap prize. There are more expensive prizes visible, with costs all set out.

I can understand thinking it's set up like gold, but if you're going to test it instead of look it up, at least it didn't cost you that much.
  • Somehow I managed to end up with 3 spooky walls in my inventory? I don't think I spend any treats to get them...but then again I don't even know how to purchase a prize with treats...maybe I did something and I don't even know it?
  • roshigoth1 wrote:
    I fail to see how it's trickery. It's a cheap prize. There are more expensive prizes visible, with costs all set out.

I can understand thinking it's set up like gold, but if you're going to test it instead of look it up, at least it didn't cost you that much.
    that avatar is awesome
  • LPNintendoITA wrote:
    roshigoth1 wrote:
    I fail to see how it's trickery. It's a cheap prize. There are more expensive prizes visible, with costs all set out.

that avatar is awesome

Thanks. :D

psycho1189 wrote:
    Somehow I managed to end up with 3 spooky walls in my inventory? I don't think I spend any treats to get them...but then again I don't even know how to purchase a prize with treats...maybe I did something and I don't even know it?

You can find them in treat bags.
    barryriddl474
    Seasoned Newcomer
    psycho1189 wrote:
    Somehow I managed to end up with 3 spooky walls in my inventory? I don't think I spend any treats to get them...but then again I don't even know how to purchase a prize with treats...maybe I did something and I don't even know it?

You received them from a trick or treat bag. I always watch my inventory tab when unloading bags, and I saw 3 go in there from a bronze bag today.
  • jasonbd77 wrote:
    They DO carry a (ridiculously low) bonus multiplier. It's just one of the many traps meant to trick you into panicking and spending donuts later.

yep , since previous events had items be cumulative not thinking this would be different I spent my first batch on a spirit wall brick, it's ok Hugo will take me a bit longer , the only loss was 10 candy corns and 10 pumpkins I believe, luckily I hit a few lucky bags with pumpkins and my Pumpkin house gives me 1 per every 24hrs. Im surprised they didn't make the prize a Wailing Wall , which you'd appreciate better if you don't have one. The thing that annoys me is the Prize resets to the same thing after you buy one , so instead of a new "easy prize" you stand a chance to screw up again and buy more spirit bricks.
  • Like everyone else, I'll probably shoot for Hugo first. However, I do want to get a bunch of the walls. Do we know if it'll be around for the duration of the event or will it be replaced in the craft shop by another item in one of the next phases?