Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Springfield airport plus new area?

We don't need anymore separate maps. All we need is more land in our Springfield's. besides, I rather have the airport in Our towns.
  • Deadshot_DCU wrote:
    We don't need anymore separate maps. All we need is more land in our Springfield's. besides, I rather have the airport in Our towns.

^^THIS^^
  • An airport would be really cool, but I have to agree with deadshot on the area.
  • An airport sounds way too big. And it would just look silly if it was crammed in.
  • I've been putting the case together for the airport for a while, heres a solution, like the squidport on the left, put the airport building on the right of the map, start as a local airport with small runway and slowly upgrade to an International with a few runways, bigger terminals and support buildings. :wink:
  • They've told us that technical limitations make it hard to add more land and still keep it compatible on older devices - i.e. people who have been playing for a while and haven't upgraded their device.

So while I would like to see more actual land for a bigger town, having a separate map/area is a great idea to me to allow more. But to just have more Springfield? Naw, it would have to be something really good. Airport? Interesting, but not enough for a whole area.
  • Ningyo42 wrote:
    They've told us that technical limitations make it hard to add more land and still keep it compatible on older devices - i.e. people who have been playing for a while and haven't upgraded their device.

So while I would like to see more actual land for a bigger town, having a separate map/area is a great idea to me to allow more. But to just have more Springfield? Naw, it would have to be something really good. Airport? Interesting, but not enough for a whole area.

Or instead of doing that they can release a special update for newer devices only. Meaning the App Store or play store will only give it to devices that are new enough to support it and keep older devices on the usual land release schedule. Everyone wins, and it's a lot simpler then creating a whole new map. That's not to mention a lot of players wouldn't be into that, and if KL taught us anything, we know a second map will hardly be used like the first one.
  • petehd14 wrote:
    People don't use KL because there's very little to build there.

KL i always forget about that place http://i.imgur.com/ucQsIT6.gif
  • AJtheboss1 wrote:
    Ningyo42 wrote:
    They've told us that technical limitations make it hard to add more land and still keep it compatible on older devices - i.e. people who have been playing for a while and haven't upgraded their device.

Or instead of doing that they can release a special update for newer devices only. Meaning the App Store or play store will only give it to devices that are new enough to support it and keep older devices on the usual land release schedule. Everyone wins, and it's a lot simpler then creating a whole new map. That's not to mention a lot of players wouldn't be into that, and if KL taught us anything, we know a second map will hardly be used like the first one.

That's a good idea, yet I can't help but think that EA wouldn't want to go through the trouble of supporting two versions, essentially. :(