Forum Discussion

4 years ago

Springfield Choppers: Changes (Update: 3/17)

March 17th Update (Springfield Choppers Patch 1)

• Wolfguy Jack and Wilbur Nurple's job Siphon Gas from Vehicles can now be done at Homes too.

March 16th Update (4.48.5; Springfield Choppers)

• The app icon and the splash screen were changed back to normal.
  • Fallen Diva Apartments now has istant build time.
  • Rita LaFleur's Open a Restaurant can now be done at Gilded Truffle, Pigmento Grove, Swanky Fish, Spiro's and Homes too.
  • Sideshow Bob has a chance to spawn on entering in game instead of visiting another Springfield.
  • Downward Doghouse Yoga Studio, Ziff Hotel, Books Books and Additional Books! and Knockers were added to the Businesses inventory group.
  • Christmas Fence was added to the Walls inventory group.
  • Love and War's jobs that can take place at O'Flanagan's Pub and Brown House can now be correctly done there too.
  • Drunk's Volunteeer to Help job for Love and War was removed as it was unused.
  • Octoparrot was added to the Regular Characters character group.
  • New Year New You's jobs that can take place at Museum of Natural History, Springfield Wrestling Pavilion and Aztec Theatre can now be correctly done there too.
  • Groundskeeper Wilma's Have a Drink at Joe's can now be correctly done at O'Flanagan's Pub too.
  • A code for 2-Factor Authentication was added but not enabled yet.
  • "LPNintendoITA;d-270557" wrote:
    March 16th Update (4.48.5; Springfield Choppers)

• A code for 2-Factor Authentication was added but not enabled yet.

And I can see it now... They force enable 2 factor authentication, then every time you try to start the game you get an authentication code, which kicks you out of the game, so you have to restart the game, and it sends you an authentication code, which kicks you out of the game... :* >:) :s :# :'(
  • @1-Graham-S Yes, you're right about snow monster, he was who I was thinking of as a precedent for it. Also both Maggie and Mr Teeny used to both exist only as props in jobs for Marge and Krusty respectively before they were upgraded to standalone playable characters. So here's hoping ?.

@wadebear I had the same sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach when I read that too. Way to go EA creating a fix for a problem that doesn't exist that'll no doubt make matters considerably worse, and utterly ignoring the myriad of issues that the people who actually play the game on a daily basis have been clamouring to be fixed for years.

But at least they finally solved the Sideshow Bob unlock problem which seems to have triggered an outpouring of love on here, so I guess I shouldn't be too down on them.

• Sideshow Bob appeared in my city!!!! I'm so happy, I think now I'll finally get him!
  • Any chance that Octoparrot will become fully a playable character, not just for the daily challenges?

• @TheRealTiminator Not in the Town Hall list and no tasks so far, but it is possible that might change at some point. Didn't they do that for the Snow Monster ( seems so, only took 2 years !! )