Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Springfield Downs

I won the 99-1 3 times in 2 weeks last month. So its possible
  • Hendri1992 wrote:
    I won the 99-1 3 times in 2 weeks last month. So its possible

I agree. I won back to back 99-1 races
  • I haven't been betting on the last dog recently but I did for about a year straight and won 3 times. The odds are about right there. I could have won one more time but the odds were not really in my favor to do so.
    I would like to see a higher prize but hey, for a lower level who is still accumulating cash, it is a decent pay out.
  • frogger53 wrote:
    Also, it seems like months in fact it has been, since I've won the 99-1 odds....I think it should be ramped up a bit so people can win more often.

Well, the thing about 99:1 odds is that, on average, you will have to bet 100 times in order to win once. If you bet twice a day, that's 50 days between wins. And that's only the statistical likelihood of winning, not a guaranteed outcome.
    If you want to win more often, you have to choose lower odds.
  • Earlier this year there was a glitch for a while where you could exit your game and keep getting the winnings when you tapped back in again. I remember working out that higher winnings were rare, so it was better (through really gruelling) to repeat the win on lower sums. I'd imagine that once EA got wind of this they froze the winnings in case the glitch returns.
  • Took me months to win the 99-1 race...the next race I switched to 19-1 and boom lucky me it came up as 99-1 again :roll: :evil:
  • thatdonald845 wrote:
    Earlier this year there was a glitch for a while where you could exit your game and keep getting the winnings when you tapped back in again. I remember working out that higher winnings were rare, so it was better (through really gruelling) to repeat the win on lower sums. I'd imagine that once EA got wind of this they froze the winnings in case the glitch returns.

Yeah, that was a pretty good glitch. I've only been playing my a town since midway this past easter. With the SD glitch I was able to buy all the available land, all the aspirationals, and still have about 25 million in game currency.