Forum Discussion

11 years ago

Strange neighboreenos

frogger53 wrote:
Excuse me if this has been brought up before......
Has anyone else noticed strange names appearing when tapping handshakes in your towns?? It's happened to me. This name that appeared was not one of my neighbors!
I have notifications on my phone when neighbors visit and I'm getting strange names appearing there too. I get paranoid when this happens and check to see if anything has changed in my town and nothing.
I wonder if this has something to do with people getting logged into the wrong towns?

No it doesn't the names that appear are from the last person whose handshake you cleared
  • I seem to get a fair amount of 'Frink' handshakes from time to time.

No idea why, think it may possibly be that the game can't quite tell who the handshake was from and it uses this name as a kind of placeholder

FeeFye
  • FeeFyeFoeFum wrote:
    I seem to get a fair amount of 'Frink' handshakes from time to time.

I used to get "Frink" appear over some of my buildings but havent seen that name for a while now. I liked to think it was "other Springfield" actually taking the time to visit :lol:
  • NeoSEC28 wrote:
    FeeFyeFoeFum wrote:
    I seem to get a fair amount of 'Frink' handshakes from time to time.

I used to get "Frink" appear over some of my buildings but havent seen that name for a while now. I liked to think it was "other Springfield" actually taking the time to visit :lol:

It just appears when cleaning graffiti now from what I've seen

• My main town is a 'friend' of my feeder town but the feeder town isn't on my main SF friends list ( I don't know why ).....anyway when I tap buildings in my main town when logged into my feeder town those hand shakes always appear as Frink. So it may be a default for a mismatched friends list. :shock:
  • Last week I visited a Springfield that wasn't even my neighbor, which was strange, has this happened to anybody else?
  • I get notifications of people visiting me. They're probably friends of the person that I logged into back when there was the mass Wrong Springfield logins. I think it has something to do with Mayhem ID's getting crossed. Hopefully it'll get fixed when they fix the ongoing occasional wrong logins.