Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Superior Squad Membership

jackmack010 wrote:
Superior Squad Membership

Anybody besides me waste their hard earned donuts on this?

It serves a purpose but it doesn't show up in inventory.

It'd be nice if got some kind of tag in the upper right hand corner of our screen……….

Nope I never bother with them. If you put in a little effort you do not need them. :)
  • You are paying donuts for something you can do yourself if you devote a few more hours to the game...or may even be doing anyway.

There are still people who buy them, so EA will continue to sell us useless currency generators that are gone at the end of the event.
  • efin98 wrote:
    You are paying donuts for something you can do yourself if you devote a few more hours to the game...or may even be doing anyway.

There are still people who buy them, so EA will continue to sell us useless currency generators that are gone at the end of the event.

I think they're making a bit more money on the guy(s) who have max currency day 1. First neighbor visit after event my one neighbor had 22500 rods already, now that is a waste lol. Than again if someone is that rich; why not.

• I think most of you are missing the point of why I actually purchased the thing with donuts.

It really is cutting down on the amount of time I have to spend visiting neighbors in order to achieve my goal. I do not want to spend more than about 20 minutes a day visiting neighbors, for I have a life outside of this virtual cartoon of a game. Any more time than this and it starts to get boring and frustrating in a big hurry. I've been playing long enough to have seen almost everything this game has to offer and frankly, I'm unimpressed with about 75% of what I see in other Springfields……. Oh Gee! There's a house farm!, OOOOOH there's a a building sitting up on a brim made from staggered shrubs-- It looks 3D, Wait!-- there's a town with no roads and all the buildings crammed together from a level 49 player………..

I'm a daily player who's been around since late 2012…. not a completionsist…… but a player who doesn't mind spending donuts on items I deem as worth while.

• The more I think about it --

---- Putting it in terms of the monetary outlay of funds I spent on the 90 donuts the Card cost me might make more sense to some of you blokes hedging on cracking the old wallet.

Gil's sale…. 3120 donuts for $100 = $.032 / donut or 31.2 donuts / dollar

Last time bought donuts I used a $100 iTunes gift card I bought on eBay for $75

which gave me 2400 donuts for $75 = $.031 / donut or 32 donuts / dollar.

I usually only buy donuts in boatload quantities simply due to the price break.

If you look at in terms of $ cost of items, something costing 90 donuts is really costing about

$2.88. ……. and that's about the cost of a pint at my favorite local pub.

So compare that capital outlay of $2.88 to the minimum hourly wage some of you are earning and that comes out to a cost of approximately 24 minutes of time worked…. GEEES

Then again you might not realize that if you save 15 minutes a day in neighbor visits it would pay for itself …………… IN 2DAYS!

• jackmack010 wrote:

The more I think about it --

---- Putting it in terms of the monetary outlay of funds I spent on the 90 donuts the Card cost me might make more sense to some of you blokes hedging on cracking the old wallet.

Gil's sale…. 3120 donuts for $100 = $.032 / donut or 31.2 donuts / dollar

Last time bought donuts I used a $100 iTunes gift card I bought on eBay for $75

which gave me 2400 donuts for $75 = $.031 / donut or 32 donuts / dollar.

I usually only buy donuts in boatload quantities simply due to the price break.

If you look at in terms of $ cost of items, something costing 90 donuts is really costing about

$2.88. ……. and that's about the cost of a pint at my favorite local pub.

So compare that capital outlay of $2.88 to the minimum hourly wage some of you are earning and that comes out to a cost of approximately 24 minutes of time worked…. GEEES

Then again you might not realize that if you save 15 minutes a day in neighbor visits it would pay for itself …………… IN 2DAYS!

I am a card carrying member for this very reason.
  • It's not so much about the price itself, but the VALUE for that price.
    I've just got Clownface skin already (and now have 2 days worth of "bonus donuts" to earn!!). And that's mostly freemium (though I did just buy Spider-Pig).

If you play regularly (or time your check-ins smartly), the licences are usually unnecessary. But if you want/need it to reduce your frequency of check-ins, then great for you. :)