Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Sweet merciful battery usage!

Has anyone else noticed their battery usage get way worse over the last few of months? Mine is brutal now...on an iPhone 6s+ I get 1 to 1.5 hours of play time on a full charge. I've checked the usage stats and it's definitely TSTO sucking back the juice. I really hate having to charge my phone multiple times a day.
https://media.giphy.com/media/l2JdWdiFeSv9DsBdm/giphy.gif
  • Actually, it has gotten better, TSTO used to stay open forever, until you close it out. At least TSTO will allow your device to sleep after 2 minutes without any activity.
  • huh, I've never noticed that...but I guess I never really leave mine sitting idle
  • The drain on your battery isn't the app as much as your communication with your internet source. The app really only renders graphics and rewrites numerical values. Try to make it easier for your device to talk to it's router or cell tower as it reports those values back to EA servers. Also make sure you kill all other apps vying for bandwidth
  • "4junk3000;c-1711758" wrote:
    The drain on your battery isn't the app as much as your communication with your internet source. The app really only renders graphics and rewrites numerical values. Try to make it easier for your device to talk to it's router or cell tower as it reports those values back to EA servers. Also make sure you kill all other apps vying for bandwidth

I can confirm this, I used to have very bad to no reception with a certain carrier where I worked, and the phone had to increase its signal strength to try to get a signal. My phone would barely make it through one day, the battery got drained very fast. When I switched to a different carrier, I could go 2 days without having to recharge.
  • "redec69;c-1711438" wrote:
    huh, I've never noticed that...but I guess I never really leave mine sitting idle

The first time I noticed this I was watching my monorail loop and before it even finished the loop the screen turned off and the game exited! I've increased my phone's screen sleep time so that that doesn't happen...
  • My IPad Air 2 has a tank of a battery compared to my ZTE phone, the phone will happily drain 1% a minute but I've watched whole movies on this thing and still be on 95%
  • My lg phone's battery lasts a good while, but I bought one of those portable chargers for back up