Forum Discussion

xviw049jvgjq
Rising Novice
3 hours ago

Datacron Usage

Just curious. Why doesn't CG allow us to use our datacrons in PvE scenarios like TB, Proving Grounds, Assault Battles, etc.? 

Maybe a follow up question. I wonder if we'll ever see something like a "datacron" for ships sometime.

• Call me cynical, but as a long-time player, my belief (as I've wondered the same question sometimes) is that the OP datacrons would make portions of the non PvP game too easy (like Raid, ROTE or Conquest), thus increasing player's rewards, and reducing the likelihood of players having to spend either crystals or $ or both to make those portions of the game easier (like for conquest pass, or needing to gear up/relic specific toons for Raid, etc).  For PvP purposes, they know that some players will pay whatever it costs to be the "best", and by always having the current OP datacron, that is much easier to do. So in that scenario, they're increasing the chance of players spending crystals or $ or both so that they can beat other players and be the "best" in PvP.  Just my 2 cents though.  I liked the game better pre-DC, but what are ya gonna do?  Not sure about ship datacrons, I'm sure they will come out eventually if they will generate revenue