Forum Discussion

11 years ago

terrible lag since update

Same here... I think my Martin was stuck so I stored the library to free him... this alleviated the lag slightly but it is still really bad and bordering on the unplayable
  • I know it's Nelson causing my problem. He's gone. When I put the house in "storage" and then replace it. He does not show up.

• My Nelson was stuck. Thanks for the advice. When I stored him it helped significantly. Still more lqggy than normal but playable now.
  • All my characters seem to be fine...My town isn't really overly decorated at all.
    But I still have a major lagging issues and it crashes everytime I try to visit my neighbors.

Why can't EA ever fix the important things?!?!? :?

• shasurveyi256 wrote:
    I've also noticed it's nearly impossible to get those "extra" ghosts in your friend's towns....anyone else notice that today?

I've only been able to get an extra once since the update.

What was most likely happening before was the trigger to credit the tap was coming after the squish and pop animation. Now it triggers before both of them.
  • There's a greater lag now with the update.

I just let the game sit for 15-30 seconds to get everything to cycle through once or twice and then make collections before anything else.

But I have noticed it's hard to to tap out ghosts. It takes a couple of taps per ghost now.
  • The lag was so bad, I could barely play. Realized Nelson was missing. Put his house in storage and when I placed it again (too several tries to get Nelson back also). Game speed up a bit, but still slow, so I looked around and realized Eddie was missing too. Put the van in storage and replaced it. Boom... back to normal speed. So you might have more than one missing character causing the lag.
  • I play via android and have no lag or stuck characters, everything is working fine. KL is also working fine. I cannot get the "extra" ghost at neighbors anymore tho :o(