Forum Discussion

11 years ago

thanksgiving 2013

all there might be is a couple decorations
there was no event last year.
just balloons
  • Yeah, no one really knows, as Maxx said there were only parade balloons last year, so it may just be that, again, maybe a few extra kinds of balloon, there may even be a small questline, like 4th July or S.t. Patricks day, or maybe some Jewish stuff to tie into Hanukah, even. I guess we'll find out :)
  • firesoul19 wrote:
    I wasn't here then either. Just curious, were the balloons released on the day-of (like the 4th of July fireworks box), or were they more like episode tie-ins/ limited time items... so they're available for several days? Also, can someone break down which ones were free/in-game cash/donuts?

they were all avaialble at the same time

these still make me mad because when they first released them all 5 of them were for in game cash and because i was in game poor at the time i held off on buying the itchy balloon as it was expensive and i was most likely saving up for a building or something. Then a couple minutes later there is a forced update which made 2 of the balloons cost donuts. At least i got one of the donut balloons for in game cash but i should have got both. so now when updates come out i buy one of everything asap in case this ever happens again.
  • The Blinky, Santa's Little Helper and Scratchy Balloons cost in-game cash, the Itchy and Snowball 2 ones cost donuts. Be interesting to see if they do get re-released, whether it'll be the same price structure, or all donuts, or what.

I didn't get Itchy or Snowball 2 last year, which gives me the sads.. :cry:
  • MaxxSpider wrote:
    firesoul19 wrote:
    I wasn't here then either. Just curious, were the balloons released on the day-of (like the 4th of July fireworks box), or were they more like episode tie-ins/ limited time items... so they're available for several days? Also, can someone break down which ones were free/in-game cash/donuts?

they were all avaialble at the same time

these still make me mad because when they first released them all 5 of them were for in game cash and because i was in game poor at the time i held off on buying the itchy balloon as it was expensive and i was most likely saving up for a building or something. Then a couple minutes later there is a forced update which made 2 of the balloons cost donuts. At least i got one of the donut balloons for in game cash but i should have got both. so now when updates come out i buy one of everything asap in case this ever happens again.

I remember this glitch. I lucked out, got the first update immediately, and was able to purchase all five with in-game cash. I had just started playing the previous September, so I was relatively poor, but hindsight showed I should have bought another set or two.