Forum Discussion

12 years ago

There may be hope after all (Community Prizes)

Your thoughts on this?
  • acheeanthony wrote:
    22hours33minutes wrote:
    If we get all 5 prizes the "double tag pledge" thing will have to be abandoned as the gathering of goo for the greater good regardless of "stealing" is more important than 1 person losing goo. If you lose goo that's rough, but the comm prizes are the ultimate prizes and should be the main goal as gathering goo for the single prizes regardless of double tapping really isn't impossible.

Perhaps I am saying this because I've completed the single tasks and have over 10000 goo so the community ones are all that's left for me, but we're at ~250,000 right now and have a lot left. Specifics on how we get it or denials on how to get it really are just blocking the community and affecting progress.

All I am doing is telling people how soon I think we, as a community, will reach the 5 billion mark. I'm not speculating on how soon we will get the rest of them yet. Telling people how soon we can get the first one should not in anyway hinder anyone one helping to achieve the goal. it should also help when we get to the first goal to help everyone have an idea of how soon we can, if we work together, get all the prizes.

I'm just saying I don't think it's a good strategy in terms of community gathering for the community goals to be picky about gathering goo. We're at a decent amount now with a lot to go, and clearly this is a timed event, so being picky about goo doesn't seem like a sound strategy. Gathering as much at all times seems much more effective and helpful towards the ultimate goal.
  • 22hours33minutes wrote:
    acheeanthony wrote:
    22hours33minutes wrote:
    If we get all 5 prizes the "double tag pledge" thing will have to be abandoned as the gathering of goo for the greater good regardless of "stealing" is more important than 1 person losing goo. If you lose goo that's rough, but the comm prizes are the ultimate prizes and should be the main goal as gathering goo for the single prizes regardless of double tapping really isn't impossible.

Perhaps I am saying this because I've completed the single tasks and have over 10000 goo so the community ones are all that's left for me, but we're at ~250,000 right now and have a lot left. Specifics on how we get it or denials on how to get it really are just blocking the community and affecting progress.

All I am doing is telling people how soon I think we, as a community, will reach the 5 billion mark. I'm not speculating on how soon we will get the rest of them yet. Telling people how soon we can get the first one should not in anyway hinder anyone one helping to achieve the goal. it should also help when we get to the first goal to help everyone have an idea of how soon we can, if we work together, get all the prizes.

I'm just saying I don't think it's a good strategy in terms of community gathering for the community goals to be picky about gathering goo. We're at a decent amount now with a lot to go, and clearly this is a timed event, so being picky about goo doesn't seem like a sound strategy. Gathering as much at all times seems much more effective and helpful towards the ultimate goal.

Oh, I get what you are saying now. You do have a really good point.
  • The timer is no different than the Obama (US) Debt Clock. It updates on a preprogrammed mathematic formula, then ever so often updates to the most accurate real time information that's available. Did anyone actually believe the technology is in place for this to update accurately in real time every second?
  • I'm pretty sure we will get 1 prize a week. Halloween goes 5 weeks. There are 5 community prizes. Well hit the first one at the one week mark. I don't believe it's a coincidence. It's planned and I doubt the counter is real.
  • as of the writing it is past the 2.5 billion mark. No One claimed it was real time
  • punkymcmilli wrote:
    The timer is no different than the Obama (US) Debt Clock. It updates on a preprogrammed mathematic formula, then ever so often updates to the most accurate real time information that's available. Did anyone actually believe the technology is in place for this to update accurately in real time every second?

It's not an "Obama debt clock" it's an actual debt clock. Obama has nothing to do with the calculation of the debt.
  • johncolombo wrote:
    I'm pretty sure we will get 1 prize a week. Halloween goes 5 weeks. There are 5 community prizes. Well hit the first one at the one week mark. I don't believe it's a coincidence. It's planned and I doubt the counter is real.

I think we will have the last prize right around halloween.
  • 22hours33minutes wrote:
    punkymcmilli wrote:
    The timer is no different than the Obama (US) Debt Clock. It updates on a preprogrammed mathematic formula, then ever so often updates to the most accurate real time information that's available. Did anyone actually believe the technology is in place for this to update accurately in real time every second?

It's not an "Obama debt clock" it's an actual debt clock. Obama has nothing to do with the calculation of the debt.

LOL, low information person. That's why we're in this mess!
  • punkymcmilli wrote:
    22hours33minutes wrote:
    punkymcmilli wrote:

LOL, low information person. That's why we're in this mess!

No, that is why Americans are in a mess! Us Australians are quite fine, and debt free. :) :)