Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Think I messed up

I just recently finished acquiring all the land in the northwest territory. Wanted to build roads into it and then discovered I could not do so. Did a little research and discovered that I did not buy the tunnels when I had the chance. I am sure others did the same. Guess I’ll be waiting for them to reappear.
  • I got 2 of each color just to have onhand. You should have at least one tunnel w the Springfield Heights sign attached to it. But you can get creative and make other inroads through the mountains...

Here I’ve used bridges to force-perspective a roadway tunnel through. The blue tunnel is a drainage spillway to bring th water through.
  • Hopefully in the future they add the new bridges and the monorail tunnels that where released during the Northward Bound event as permanent additions to the store.

Personally I don't get why EA made those accessories just limited time items only.

While the new territory is a permanent addition to the game, it's kinda hard to connect the new expansion zone to the rest of your town without those bridges and tunnels tbh.
  • Limited edition offers serve the same purpose anywhere: to motivate you to act NOW, not whenever you feel like it. "Snooze and lose" is the foundation here. Fortunately for you they usually reintroduce everything eventually; in time.
  • That is what gets me mad at myself. I have been here since the beginning and this might be the first time I messed up and did not buy the limited edition items. No biggie. Live moves on and they will come back eventually.
  • No biggie at all. This game will be around long enough you'll see em again. All the stuff I used to set midnight alarms to achieve; all the stuff that was premium and I couldnt afford, has come back around and I have almost all of it in my town now. It took a while but persistence paid off. The game is fairly reasonable in second chances for items, so far.
  • Is it possible to build a bridge over the river into the Northwest territory?
  • "bkopp1;c-2214349" wrote:
    Is it possible to build a bridge over the river into the Northwest territory?

it's only possible to build two monorail bridges and the one wooden rope bridge. But the glitch allows what you see in my image above, which is the sides of a road bridge but no surface. I have attempted to make it look like a bridge under construction
  • Agreed. I actually feel pretty confidant they will. I’m really more disappointed in myself. Surprised that I missed them. I remember seeing them but it just did not click to buy them at the time.
  • "bkopp1;d-275016" wrote:
    I just recently finished acquiring all the land in the northwest territory. Wanted to build roads into it and then discovered I could not do so. Did a little research and discovered that I did not buy the tunnels when I had the chance. I am sure others did the same. Guess I’ll be waiting for them to reappear.

I didn't get any of those bridge or tunnel dealies either. But I don't think I'll want them I don't have roads in any of my Springfield heights area.

If you want them however you'll need to keep a thread about them on the front screen for like ever.
  • It would be really nice to have the limited-time bridges of monorails as a permanent premium item sometime later.

And ooh... that Memorial Bridge! I love the visual but looks like it was event reward that comes before I played back TSTO again.